Investment Account and Security Hierarchy

adrian

01 May, 2021 05:10 AM

There seem to have been a number of requests over the years to support investment hierarchies. Are there any plans to eventually support this?

I have a few scenarios where this would help:

1) An investment platform that holds multiple currencies. e.g. USD, GBP, EUR can be added to the platform in separate accounts and then investments made in the respective currencies. I manage these today as separate investment accounts but lack a summary view of the total invested in the platform.

2) Some investment platforms allow you to invest in a portfolio product that invests across a number of securities. When you purchase the product your investment is split across the underlying funds on a proportional basis. This may be more a requirement to allow grouping of securities than accounts.

3) Here in Singapore the government has a couple of savings / retirements schemes (CPF and SRS). Money put in to these schemes can then be invested in various accredited investments (e.g. endowments, fixed deposits, unit trusts) made through a regular investment manager. I'd like to able to link the account for the investment manager to the CPF or SRS account to get an overall or view of the total value of each.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac