Can you hide a security in the security lists?

dtd

18 May, 2021 11:52 PM

I have over 35 YEARS of data in Moneydance. As you might imagine, I have a security list that is extremely long. CDs from 1985-20xx, dead/sold money market funds (and dead stocks :( ) It is very hard to find the active items to work with.

I can't delete any of these securities, as they were active once - maybe 15 years ago - and deleting them would mess so many things up.

So, can I AT LEAST hide them in the security pick list, similar to how you can make an account inactive?

Looking things over, it appears the answer is no, especially given the way securities/currencies are shown. I hope I'm wrong.
Maybe a way to make them invisible, with something next to +/- to show them if you need to see them (probably almost never)

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 19 May, 2021 01:53 AM

I'm a fellow user.

No you cannot hide no longer used securities like you can Account and Categories.

Requests have been made over the years asking for this.

About the best you can do is rename them perhaps with a starting z so they are at least at the end of the list.

2. 2 Posted by dtd on 19 May, 2021 03:09 AM

I have about 400 or more I'd have to rename. Sigh.

(And no, that won't happen)

3. 3 Posted by philipjhunt on 19 May, 2021 07:21 AM

I have a problem that these old and sold securities sometimes pop up in my portfolio view. They show as negative share numbers and put a negative amount in the current value column which gets deducted from my portfolio total. Sometimes I can get rid of the problem by checking another account and returning to investments. Sometimes only shutting moneydance down and starting it up again fixes it. Be nice to know if there is a fix, or if I am doing something wrong.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac