Create QIF File for Investments

smith.seab

29 Jun, 2021 06:19 PM

I am trying to create a QIF File for my Investment Broker CSV Files. I am using Excel VBA to accomplish this.
What is the syntax for the QIF Import file? For example, do I create actions for Mondance actions or do I use Quicken Actions?
If someone has created a import QIF file for Investments, I would like to see an example.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 29 Jun, 2021 08:54 PM

You have appeared to post the same question twice. I have responded in your other post.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/6006-import-qif-transactions-from-investment-brokers-csv-file

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Jul, 2021 12:00 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

I created a bank dataset and then created 3 security accounts and two investment accounts. I added the securities to the accounts. Then I did a file/export/qif.
    I had to create a dummy buy for zero for each security... You can always just delete these BUYs later, after the import...

I then created a new blank account, and tested the import. It seemed to work.

Perhaps use this as an example for the formats.

The example dataset and the QIF file attached.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Jul, 2021 12:28 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

.... and even more funky... If you follow the above, I think you can use the Toolbox extension, Menu General Tools, 'Older' Import QIF file and select the Import Structure Only option, and it will create the accounts, add the securities and skip the dummy buys... It seemed to work for me... Of course, you should test....

(I knew someone would have a use for this!! ;->)

(not support, just a fellow user)

4. System closed this discussion on 30 Sep, 2021 12:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac