return of capital

michael's Avatar


10 Sep, 2021 12:50 PM

How do I do a partial return of capital from a stock?

  1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 10 Sep, 2021 01:37 PM

    -Kevin N.'s Avatar

    Hi michael,

    For lack of a proper means of doing so, you can enter a Sell of zero shares for the amount of the RoC.

    -Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

  2. 2 Posted by michael on 10 Sep, 2021 02:03 PM

    michael's Avatar


    Yes I concluded it was either that which would show up as a a capital gain which it isn't or miscellaneous income which would show up as income which it also isn't!!

    It's a rare occurrence so I think I'll just have to fudge it


  3. Maddy closed this discussion on 10 Sep, 2021 02:49 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts


? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac