Summary page investment balance - does not match accounts

davidblaise751

13 Oct, 2021 10:49 AM

Hi everyone, new MoneyDance user - getting along fairly well so far.

I have two investment accounts with just one security each, the same fund. The register for each investment account is correct, shows the correct investment, and correct single transaction to buy the single fund's shares at current price using the cash starting balance. All good.

But the Summary page shows the value of both accounts shares in one of the accounts (the total is correct, it's added them together), and shows the balance of the other account as $0.

I've poked around trying to see if I made an error somewhere in the register that could have landed the transaction in the other account, but no luck.

David

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 13 Oct, 2021 01:10 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Check Tools>Securities and ensure that:
    - The Security only exists once, not twice.. - If Twice, ensure that the Current Price and the latest rate are set and the same...

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 13 Oct, 2021 01:11 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

PS - If you do have two master records, then the Toolbox extension has an option to merge duplicate securities...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac