still can't download from Schwab

Jim

16 Oct, 2021 07:30 PM

Will we see any progress on downloading from Schwab in the near future?

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 16 Oct, 2021 10:09 PM

just a user

Schwab discontinued providing information through the proxy server that Sean (MD) set up late last year. This occurred on October 1.

It is unlikely that Schwab will start this up again.

The only option going forward appears to be the MD+ service ($2/month) in the new 2022 version. However, at the moment that only works with Schwab bank, not yet with investment accounts. That should be forthcoming.

Hope that helps.

2. 2 Posted by christian on 08 Nov, 2021 07:11 PM

When does MoneyDance expect that downloading from investment accounts at Schwab will work again.
    And what are the instructions for doing so once one sign up for MD+?
    Is any special set up required?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 10 Nov, 2021 02:13 PM

Hi Christian,
    At this time, Moneydance+ does not support investment. We are working with Plaid (the third-party aggregator that our Moneydance+ service uses) to enable this, but we can't speculate on when that will be released.

Unfortunately, Schwab OFX (Direct Connect) downloads are no longer available. Schwab has disconnected this service without a replacement. We are working to restore a connection through Moneydance+ which was recommended by Schwab as the only way forward due to security concerns on their side. Using Moneydance+ in MD2022 you can download banking transactions from Schwab accounts, but investment accounts are not yet accessible.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Christian Skiel... on 22 Nov, 2021 11:04 PM

Hi Maddy,

Any more updates on this? When can we expect investment accounts to work?

Thanks,

Christian

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 23 Nov, 2021 09:42 AM

Hi Christian,

We do not have an ETA for when Moneydance + will support investment accounts yet.
    I have flagged this discussion and you will be notified as soon as there is an update on this topic. As you might understand this is a very requested feature so the development team is working really hard to find a solution within reasonable time.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by starbucker on 02 Dec, 2021 11:27 PM

Hi Maddy,

I've been watching this thread because, like others, I can't download my Schwab Investment accounts. But in case this is helpful to Infinite Kind Support, it appears that Fidelity Investment accounts have the same problem, at least for me. I was waiting for a new month to verify that dividends didn't show up in the Moneydance register with Moneydance+, and they don't.

Thanks,
    Scott

7. 7 Posted by dwg on 02 Dec, 2021 11:47 PM

The enabling of Investment accounts in general will have to be worked out between Moneydance and Plaid. I suspect this is an additional service as Plaid seems to refer to various services separately on their web site and you (Moneydance) sign up for what services you want..

8. 8 Posted by Ron S on 03 Dec, 2021 12:33 AM

Is the attempt to use MD+ with investment accounts like Fidelity and Schwab the cause for the INVALID_INPUT, INVALID_ACCESS_TOKEN popup error messages? I did not have issue with Fidelity and OFX downloads, but something was making one or more of my Plaid communications miserable.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac