Consolidated Portfolio Report

IanJGC

30 Dec, 2015 03:06 AM

From my analysis of MD 2015 and its reports on Investments, I see that we can get a "Portfolio" report that shows holdings and performance etc by account.

What I need and really anyone seriously using this program to monitor investments, is a "Consolidated" portfolio report whereby it lists all investments consolidated across all accounts. So if I have investment ABC in 2 different investment accounts (e.g. 100 of ABC in my wife's account and 300 of ABC in my account), I need the a report that shows the overall performance of the 400 shares of ABC (i.e. with no account information just the all investments consolidated).

This is a fundamental report for investors, yet I do not see any way of creating it in MD. Am I right? If so, this is a big let down, I was hoping for great things from MD and it is probably going to be a show stopper for me as to whether I use MD or go elsewhere.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 30 Dec, 2015 02:20 PM

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to do this in Moneydance. However, there is an existing ticket in our ticketing system with your suggestion, so I've attached it to this discussion and the developers will be looking into it - this discussion will essentially count as a vote towards the suggestion.

Unfortunately I do not have a time-scale and cannot confirm when this will be implemented. I can leave this discussion open and I will be sure to notify you of any updates.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused, and do let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 30 Mar, 2016 02:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac