Dis-(associate) securities from a specific investment account

cristianoutrabo

25 Nov, 2021 03:51 PM

Hello;

I've just registered securities (stocks, etc.) in one investment account, but when I created another investment account, I just can't use these securities, because they aren't avaiable.
I think that's because Moneydance associates the securities in the investment account where I create them, but I don't want it.

So, is there a way do disassociate them? I think is a problem to re-add all the securities again for each new investment account I created.

The attached may illustrate the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Cristiano

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 25 Nov, 2021 04:22 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

In the investment account. In the register. Top right. Actions. Add/remove security. Note: you cannot remove a security if it has txns. Yes, 1 security can be added to multiple investment accounts.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 25 Nov, 2021 11:00 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi cristianoutrabo

When you create a security it in in fact available to all investment account you set up. You should NOT set up the same security for each investment account you create. When you perform a buy transaction in a new investment account for the security to be included in the Security dropdown, as your screen shot, you must first in the Security Detail tab click the Add Security button and add the required security.

Hope this helps

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Shares_avaiable_new_investment_account.jpg 26.4 KB
  • Avaiable_shares_already_opened_account_-_same_data_file.jpg 84 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac