Portfolio Summary Page Columns

davier12

05 Dec, 2021 06:19 PM

Can the columns on the Portfolio Summary page be modified? I am unable to display all the fields and the Current Value page is severely truncated. The Security Name page is far to wide causing the truncation. If Security Name could be adjusted the Current Value would display. I have tried several different things in Preferences but to no avail.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 05 Dec, 2021 08:37 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I'm not certain which screen you are referring to, perhaps a screen shot would clarify it.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 05 Dec, 2021 09:38 PM

Most of the column widths in the program can be adjusted by moving your cursor between the column headings, and clicking and dragging there to adjust their width. But yes, a screenshot would be helpful so we can be sure about what you are referring to specifically. If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, please see http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by davier12 on 06 Dec, 2021 10:26 PM

Ethan
    I’m hesitant to do a screen shot on a public link. However the issue I am talking about is under Investment Portfolio View, on my Mac Air 13” display running Os Monterey the columns are too wide to display the Current Value column. They display fine on my MacBook 21.5” display running Os Monterey.

Dave

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 07 Dec, 2021 02:02 AM

If you are taking about the following view column widths are not changeable.

Turing off the side bar or choosing different fonts are the options you have if the windows does not fit the screen size as is.

5. 5 Posted by davier12 on 07 Dec, 2021 01:11 PM

That’s the screen I was referencing. I have tried all those and still can not get a full display.

Dave

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 07 Dec, 2021 07:42 PM

Can you create a new data set enter a couple of dummy transactions and then provide a us with a screen shot to show us what is happening.

I would expect that screen to fit properly even on a lower resolution screen if the side bar is turned off.

7. 7 Posted by davier12 on 07 Dec, 2021 09:38 PM

Upon additional investigation, I noticed that it only occurs on two Schwab brokerage accounts. All other Schwab accounts in this and other datasets display fine. I don’t know what is odd about those two accounts??

8. 8 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 07 Dec, 2021 10:13 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Long security names perhaps?

9. 9 Posted by davier12 on 07 Dec, 2021 11:14 PM

There are somelong names,but on different dataset that displays properly they are the same names

10. 10 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 07 Dec, 2021 11:22 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Perhaps as suggested you could share screenshots of the ‘broken’ screeen?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac