Set up investment accounts.

Thomas Hayden

08 Dec, 2021 06:22 PM

Good day and Happy Holidays.
I recently purchased Moneydance 2022.2 (4060) and would like to set up my investment accounts. I have a 401k for myself and another 401k for my wife. I also have a Roth IRA, a BlackRock account and a TD Ameritrade stock trading account. The two 401K accounts and the Roth account have all been in use for approximately 40 years and have had many transactions over those years. The BlackRock account is relatively new at 2 years, but also has had many in and out transactions. I checked with each account, and they do support Moneydance download functions in OFX, QFX, they also support OFC, and QIF file formats. Obviously, I cannot recreate 40+ years of past transactions, so can you give me detailed (step by step) instructions that I can use to track these accounts and keep them updated with Moneydance download operations.
Thank You
Tom

1. 1 Posted by Sean Dayton on 12 Dec, 2021 03:32 PM

Just use a recent statement with current holdings and cash value. Create buys in the ledger and create a dummy account to show cash transfers from non accounted funds. Import your current transactions and then modify your initial buys so your shares and cash balance match
     You lost 40 years of price history and tax assessment but that don't matter in a 401k.

2. System closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2022 03:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac