Quotes & Exchange Rates extension not downloading current prices

gblinzer

30 Dec, 2021 04:59 PM

The extension for obtaining updated stock quotes, which had worked inconsistently in the past, has now stopped working. Is there another extension available?

1. 1 Posted by wrsober on 08 Jan, 2022 02:26 AM

I have had the same problem the last two times I have tried to update stock market prices. Stock quotes are not updating for any of our holdings. (US stocks and mutual funds.(

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 08 Jan, 2022 02:32 AM

I'm a fellow user.

If you are using the Quotes and Exchange Rates Extension with Alphavantage as the source there have been problems reported in downloading security prices.

The Quotes and Exchange Rates Extension requests the TIME_SERIES_DAILY_ADJUSTED price series. Unfortunately Alphavantage have made this a "Premium" service so this is no longer freely available.

A couple of solutions exist.

1. Within the Quotes and Exchange rates Extension you can switch to using the Yahoo Finance - USA download source, you may need to adjust the ticker symbol to match their format.

2. You can download and use the Quote Loader extension. This is still installed using the Manage Extensions option in Moneydance. You can find a pointer to the documentation on the use of this extension in post 200 of the thread:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the-new-quote-loader#comment_49363660

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 09 Jan, 2022 08:46 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi wrsober

A new build of Quote Loader has just been released see https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Post 202

Hope this helps

4. 4 Posted by gblinzer on 10 Jan, 2022 11:21 PM

Thanks. I installed Quote Loader and it seems to be working.

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 Jan, 2022 06:08 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi wrsober

Glad Quote Loader is working for you.

Have Fun Stay Safe.

6. Ethan closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2022 07:54 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac