Quote Loader

Michael

14 Jan, 2022 10:32 AM

Hello,
I am downloading my shares but highlighted in yellow are not in Australian dollars and id very frustrating, can you please tell me whay=t I am doing wrong of fix please, all my others work fine

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 14 Jan, 2022 11:09 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Possibly because those tickers exist on other exchanges as well. CHN for example exists on NYSE and is The China Fund with a price of USD 18.54.

The sources have their preferred exchanges for example Yahoo looks to the US exchanges first.

I would suggest if you are looking for ASX prices you set the Exch mod to Australian Stock Exchange.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 14 Jan, 2022 11:24 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Michael

Ticker symbols are unique within an exchange, but are not unique across all exchanges. For example, AEV is a valid Ticker Symbol for Aboitiz Equity Ventures traded on the Philippine Stock Exchange the default security on FT. However, AEV is also the Ticker Symbol for Avenira Ltd among other. So, in such cases you must check that the Trade Currency and Price returned matches your expectations and if necessary select an exchange (Exch Mod) that results in the required outcome. All this is explained in the Quote Loader PDF attached to post 202 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

How to set a Exch Mod is also set out in the PDF
    See Screen shot for your three securities that need a Exch Mod

EDIT - a typo in screen shot - used AVE instead of AEV for ticker. Corrected in next post.

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 14 Jan, 2022 10:12 PM

Hi Michael

Correction to Avenira Ltd ticker used in Quote Loader, see new screen shot.

4. 4 Posted by Brinkamie SMSF on 15 Jan, 2022 02:15 AM

Hey thanks very much for the advice 

Best Regards

Michael Mildon

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Jan, 2022 07:37 AM

Hi Michael

I assume you are now sorted by adding Exch Mod's and are getting the correct prices for you three errant securities.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Moneydance_Shares.png 44.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac