Not Getting New Schwab transactions via MD+

bschottmi

23 Mar, 2022 03:24 PM

I performed several transactions in my Schwab IRA account, but MD+ is not picking them up. I'm submitting this as one example.
The status at the bottom of the MD screen says "downloading Schwab xxx transactions" for each account, but nothing new. I have 5 new transactions this account.
I cleared the Console Log, then did a download Schwab IRA transactions and this is all that showed up:
calculated portfolio cost basis in 1.744 seconds
it took 0.015 seconds to build a plaid client
logging txn; file: tiksync/out/20220323152154_706.txn-tmp
account modified: Schwab IRA
it took 0.034 seconds to eliminate 1 duplicates from 1 downloaded transactions
account modified: Schwab IRA
calculated portfolio cost basis in 1.34 seconds
calculated portfolio cost basis in 1.569 seconds

I went into Toolbox to view OFX data and have attached that data.

Any ideas what to do?

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by dtd on 03 Jun, 2022 02:54 AM

just a user
    1) Schwab works for me - there was an issue at one point, but it seems to have been resolved. Maybe not for you.
    2) Probably not the only one, but maybe you want to pursue this.
    3) I have no idea, but Stuart may indeed be your best hope.

2. 32 Posted by bschottmi on 03 Jun, 2022 11:13 PM

Tonight I cleared the console log, then did a download all accounts. Custom Wealth Solution is OFX and worked OK. But the Schwab download, while it failed, had a lot more detail.
    See attached June3 Console log
    I hope this can help diagnose why Schwab works for others but not for my MD database.

3. Support Staff 33 Posted by Sean Reilly on 04 Jun, 2022 09:39 AM

I've just checked and we don't have any further updates from Plaid since 19 May, so I've sent another message offering debugging help and requesting an ETA.

I'm sorry about the lack of progress on this.

Thanks,
    Sean

4. 34 Posted by wrsober on 08 Jun, 2022 11:16 PM

There are two types of transactions that I am not presently receiving in my Schwab downloads.

Item 1: Option expiration transactions. Example on May 20, I had three option transactions where the previous short sale position was closed because the option expired. The transactions exist in my Schwab transaction detail; but, nothing is brought into MoneyDance.

Item 2: Similarly, when a short option position is exercised, no transaction is loaded into MD for the closing of the short option position. The transaction for the sale of the stock is recorded; but, the short option still shows as an open position.

I have recorded manual entries to close the option positions; but, it should not be necessary to do so as the transactions exist within the Schwab transaction detail.

5. 35 Posted by bschottmi on 19 Jun, 2022 06:38 PM

Sean - On May 2nd, you said Plaid had found where they were not handling a response from Schwab correctly. It's now been 48 days and I continue to get the same error on my Schwab downloads:"it took 0.013 seconds to build a plaid client
    downloading from Schwab Roth IRA, with starting date Wed Mar 30 00:01:00 EDT 2022
    Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=500, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/investments/transactions/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR', errorMessage='an unexpected error occurred', errorType='API_ERROR', requestId='8TD2Bcxcl6JZX9R'}

This is getting to be VERY FRUSTRATING to wait so long for a paid service to not work. I strongly suspect something is wrong with my MD database since other users say their Schwab downloads are working. I am almost to the point of starting over with a fresh MD database as of 4/1/2022 (the last day I could get Schwab transactions) and re-enter all transactions since then. That is a rather drastic action, but one that may be necessary since I, apparently, am getting no support on this issue from InfiniteKind and, indirectly, from Plaid. If needed, I would agree to upload my MD file (via a secure, on public connection) so it could be used to determine what is going wrong and resolve it.
    ==> Is that an option?
    Please advise so I can plan my next steps accordingly.
    Bill Schott

6. 36 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 19 Jun, 2022 06:51 PM

Try this. Toolbox. Advanced mode. Online banking tools. Export md+ license to file.

File / new. Minimal account set. Any name you like. The new test file should open. Create a dummy account for Schwab. Toolbox. Advanced mode. Import md+ license. Md should restart. Check md+ setup and confirm md+ looks ok. Map Schwab to the Schwab account you created. Go to Schwab account. Open console. Keep console open. Download Schwab. What happens?

NOTE: do not alter the core md+ setup in this new test dataset… (ie don’t add/delink/disconnect anything; but mapping accounts is ok).

File/open to reopen your original dataset.

7. 37 Posted by bschottmi on 20 Jun, 2022 12:29 PM

Thanks for the instructions. I followed them and created "TestMD+".
    Result: is the same error.
    I have attached the Console Log from my test run. I mapped one of my Schwab accounts using MD+ setup to a "Test Schwab" investment account (but did not create any securities) in it, then downloaded that account.

The one line in the console log that confuses me is "no valid wrapper/book found at /Users/billschott/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Documents/Schott4.moneydance" Why is it looking for a Schott4 file when that is not my active MD file name? I did a toolbox search for "Schott4" using "Analyze Objects..." and only found the names of my old databases and backup files.

Earlier this year I had created a "test Moneydance" database and was able to download transactions using that, but I did a full MD+ setup in that file to move my license to it.
    Any more ideas to try? Should I send you my exported MD+ license file for further analysis?

Bill

8. 38 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Jun, 2022 01:00 PM

this:

no valid wrapper/book found at /Users/billschott/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Documents/Schott4.moneydance

means that 'Schott4.moneydance' exists but is an empty/damaged file.. It needs deleting (if you don't need it).. The message is triggered by MD updating it's internal (file/Open) windows (which it will call often) and it's coming across the damaged file.. It's of no consequence... just delete it..
  9. 39 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Jun, 2022 01:02 PM

It was worth a try, but as you've seen, didn't help.. There is nothing else that I or Toolbox can do to help with your md+ error. You will need Sean's/Plaid's followup... Sorry.

10. 40 Posted by bschottmi on 02 Jul, 2022 05:58 PM

I'm getting VERY IMPATIENT with the lack of progress. Today I created a brand new MD file and moved my MD+ setup to it. I had done this back in March and was able to get Schwab transactions. I was then able to repeat it in my main MD+ account and downloaded transactions through the end of March. But as of April, I started getting this Internal Server Error(Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=500, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/investments/transactions/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR', errorMessage='an unexpected error occurred', errorType='API_ERROR', requestId='SE7VoN2tUgYMLSg'})
    It's been 3 months now that I've been unable to download my Schwab transactions and balance my statements. All I've received in an acknowledgment from PLAID that they are getting an unhandled response from Schwab
    On June 4 Sean said "no word from Plaid".
    I've rechecked the Schwab Security Center and I do have "Enable third part access" checked (which enables OFX access to my account)

• What does it take to get this issue investigated?
      Why can others get Schwab transactions while I cannot?
      Is there any other setup I need to check in my Schwab account?
      Do I need something else under Trusted Devices? I see an "other/other" created October 6, 2021 and last used Feb 18, 2022 which sounds like the early Plaid interface usage.
      Can another Schwab user who can download transactions check their Security Center, Trusted devices and see if they have an other/other with a current Last Login date?

• I had hopes that creating a new MD file would work, but alas it does not. So we remain stuck on Square 1 until PLAID can handle whatever Schwab message they are getting when I try to download. It should be easy enough for them to check their log files as of Sat Jul 02 13:25:52 EDT 2022 (or any other time I've tried) to see the exception and then implement a fix for it. I can understand it taking a few weeks to investigate and resolve, but 3 months is way too long in my mind.
      Again, I am willing to participate in any testing Plaid or Infinite Kind wants to perform.
      HELP!
  11. 41 Posted by bschottmi on 15 Jul, 2022 12:48 PM

Stuart - I noticed today in the Console log that MD+ says it is getting 26 accounts from Schwab, with each of my 13 accounts duplicated! I looking in the Toolbox OFX data but did not see any duplicated account. I did use Update Mode to cleanup OFX links and one was removed. But after doing that, I checked the log and after exiting the Toolbox it still says 26 Schwab accounts. I only want to download 8 of them and have 1 configured in MD+. It sure looks like MD is calling Plaid twice! I do find both the LP1AE.. and D0w398.. entries under " BOOK>LOCAL STORAGE KEYS"
    Do I need to do some additional cleanup?
    Key:access_tokens.0._payloadid Value: 1656784869232
    Key:access_tokens.0.item Value: D0w398anxYc3ExmxZwVBC3p6edP9XztYOwYAy
    Key:access_tokens.0.timestamp Value: 1656784869231
    Key:access_tokens.0.token Value: access-production-4805e307-0c27-4084-9fc5-7f5da4c94b85
    Key:access_tokens.1._payloadid Value: 1654213448075
    Key:access_tokens.1.item Value: LP1AE8p9j5sEnmODrdArs5Bj3Dex7dfoD1ZDQ
    Key:access_tokens.1.timestamp Value: 1654213448074
    Key:access_tokens.1.token Value: access-production-ba997146-992d-4c46-9ddd-7ac6dbeaa572
    and
    Key:mdp_items.item.D0w398anxYc3ExmxZwVBC3p6edP9XztYOwYAy Value: :prods.0=TRANSACTIONS&prods.avail.0=AUTH&inst=ins_11&id=D0w398anxYc3ExmxZwVBC3p6edP9XztYOwYAy&prods.avail.1=BALANCE&prods.avail.2=INVESTMENTS&expdate=0
    Key:mdp_items.item.LP1AE8p9j5sEnmODrdArs5Bj3Dex7dfoD1ZDQ Value: :prods.0=TRANSACTIONS&prods.avail.0=AUTH&inst=ins_11&id=LP1AE8p9j5sEnmODrdArs5Bj3Dex7dfoD1ZDQ&prods.avail.1=BALANCE&prods.avail.2=INVESTMENTS&expdate=0

COnsole Log:
    Got accounts for item LP1AE8p9j5sEnmODrdArs5Bj3Dex7dfoD1ZDQ: Response{protocol=h2, code=200, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    Got accounts for item D0w398anxYc3ExmxZwVBC3p6edP9XztYOwYAy: Response{protocol=h2, code=200, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    Old MD+ account info (26) differs from new MD+ account info (26)
    OnlineService.setAvailableAccounts() {

12. 42 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 15 Jul, 2022 01:04 PM

What does it say in toolbox view installed service profiles?

What appears on the md+ setup screen?

13. 43 Posted by bschottmi on 15 Jul, 2022 02:58 PM

Toolbox shows two service profiles: TDameritrade and Moneydance+
    The MD+ screen has two connections to Charles Schwab. I must have added
    that one when I was switching back to my other DB. I disconnected the
    second one. Back to 13 accounts.

THANKS! Now to see if Sean or Plaid can FINALLY work on the
    Internal_Server_error...

14. 44 Posted by bschottmi on 30 Jul, 2022 03:30 PM

Sean and other InfiniteKind Support people: I have been unable to download Schwab transactions since March. It's now the end of JULY. I LOVE using Moneydance, but I really, really need my Schwab transactions to download! What does it take to get Plaid to fix their Internal Server Error when accessing my Schwab account??? I continue to pay for the MD+ feature, but am getting ZERO VALUE from it.
    My patience is getting very thin, but I don't have any other options. Can you please, PLEASE get Plaid's attention to at least look at this issue? Last update from Plaid via Sean was in April.
    Any update or status information would be great appreciated!!! Confirmation that Plaid is actually aware of any looking into this error is needed.
    Thanks in advance
    Bill

15. 45 Posted by bschottmi on 31 Jul, 2022 11:49 AM

A change. This morning in MD I got a message that my Schwab credentials had expired and I needed to relink my account. However when I folowed tat process, I get an error as shown in the Console Log.
    Got accounts for item LP1AE8p9j5sEnmODrdArs5Bj3Dex7dfoD1ZDQ: Response{protocol=h2, code=400, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=400, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='ITEM_LOGIN_REQUIRED', errorMessage='the login details of this item have changed (credentials, MFA, or required user action) and a user login is required to update this information. use Link's update mode to restore the item to a good state', errorType='ITEM_ERROR', requestId='6TXlBtzkqEwlRMZ'}
    successfully updated MD+ account lists
    exception polling MD+ status. Increasing polling interval. error: java.io.IOException: Connection reset
    Got accounts for item LP1AE8p9j5sEnmODrdArs5Bj3Dex7dfoD1ZDQ: Response{protocol=h2, code=400, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=400, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='ITEM_LOGIN_REQUIRED', errorMessage='the login details of this item have changed (credentials, MFA, or required user action) and a user login is required to update this information. use Link's update mode to restore the item to a good state', errorType='ITEM_ERROR', requestId='EmGJsDsiURPrjHt'}
    exception polling MD+ status. Increasing polling interval. error: java.io.IOException: Connection reset
    it took 0.01 seconds to build a plaid client
    it took 0.019 seconds to build a plaid client
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='ITEM_LOGIN_REQUIRED', errorMessage='the login details of this item have changed (credentials, MFA, or required user action) and a user login is required to update this information. use Link's update mode to restore the item to a good state', errorType='ITEM_ERROR', requestId='uQXSUFhSyoZRzNd'}
    I tried it twice, and both times, I got an email form Schwab saying "Thank you for registering your device with Schwab" and "We're writing to let you know that your device is now registered with Schwab because "Trust this device for future use" was chosen during your recent login." so my credentials were obviously correct.

So something changed. I am due to change my Schwab password so maybe I'll do that and then try again later today.

16. 46 Posted by bschottmi on 01 Aug, 2022 11:32 AM

BUMMER!
    After changing my Schwab password, and going into the Schwab Security Center and removing the Other/Other trusted device, I was able to relink my connection. However, now I'm back to the original Internal Server Error.
    I find it intersting that after relinking MD+, the Other/Other trusted device did not show up.
    Can any other Schwab users let me know if any unusual Trusted Devices show up in the Schwab Security Center?

17. 47 Posted by dtd on 01 Aug, 2022 06:50 PM

No unusual trusted devices show up in my Schwab Security Center. Only standard ones like Mac OS or Windows or Edge...

18. 48 Posted by bschottmi on 02 Aug, 2022 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info

19. 49 Posted by bschottmi on 05 Aug, 2022 11:50 PM

Sigh I guess I am a forgotten user. Another week, with no response from IK Support.

20. 50 Posted by dtd on 06 Aug, 2022 12:06 AM

just a user - if I may be blunt - you seem to be the only one with the problem, and knowledgeable users like Stuart have worked to help, but nothing seems to work. IK Support probably (no offense) has less expertise in something like this than Stuart. The issue probably also lies with Plaid, so there would have to be interfacing to a large degree.

Unless you get Sean to address this with vigor, I don't think you are going to get anywhere with IK. And since you are the only one (known) with this problem, that may be hard to do.

I'd have to review this entire thread to give GOOD advice, but you might try ending your Plaid subscription, then starting it up again with a different email, and test with a new empty database, as maybe the Plaid subscription is munged.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

21. 51 Posted by bschottmi on 09 Aug, 2022 10:12 PM

dtd - Thanks - I've been waiting on some time to give that a try.
    Today when I was disconnecting Schwab from my main MD database, I got the error below three times. (Console log is attached)
    I then cancelled my subscription. I'll try registering MD+ it using a different email address, but first I'll use the Toolbox to clear out any old, orphaned OFX entries.
    There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.
    Bank Name: Moneydance+
    The error code reported by the server was: 0
    Error type: ITEM_ERROR
    Error code: ITEM_NOT_FOUND
    Item ID: LP1AE8p9j5sEnmODrdArs5Bj3Dex7dfoD1ZDQ
    Request ID: 1lTv5pV9d3wOLC7
    Message: The Item you requested cannot be found. This Item does not exist, has been previously removed via /item/remove, or has had access removed by the user.

22. 52 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 09 Aug, 2022 10:26 PM

There’s a bug with disconnect. You can use latest preview toolbox from my site in conjunction with 2022.5(4090). Advanced mode. Online banking tools. ‘ Force Disconnect an MD+ Connection’ to remove md+ connections if you are still getting that error.

23. 53 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 09 Aug, 2022 10:30 PM

If you’ve ended your md+ subscription then you can use toolbox to zap the existing license. Do this before subscribing with a different email address.

24. 54 Posted by bschottmi on 09 Aug, 2022 10:33 PM

Thanks - I will do that.
     Apparently there is a bug with Connect as well as I am not able to use
    MD+/Plaid to connect to Schwab in my brand new database. I get errors,
    then a "no name" entry in MD+ accounts screen.
    I will also use the Toolbox to clean out everything as you suggested.
    Right now I;m using a new MD+ email address in a new MD file. But that is
    failing so I'm about to go back to my main MD database.
    What a mess!
    Bill

25. 55 Posted by bschottmi on 09 Aug, 2022 10:52 PM

Stuart - I upgraded to MD preview 4090, upgraded Toolbox extension, and went into Toolbox Advanced mode, but I do not see the option you referenced.
    When I view OFX data I see the Schwab accounts listed (yes it lists them twice since I tried MD+ setup twice, and have two "no name" entries. )
    This is very confusing and a bit scary that I'm not seeing what you indicate I should be seeing.

26. 56 Posted by bschottmi on 09 Aug, 2022 11:01 PM

Intersting - While registering MDPlus under a different email address in a brand new fresh database.
    when I go into Setup and click refresh, I get this:
    Bank Name: Moneydance+
    The error code reported by the server was: 0
    Received malformed response: Response{protocol=h2, code=401, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/item/get}
    Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not parse error response

27. 57 Posted by bschottmi on 09 Aug, 2022 11:08 PM

I was going to try and use my new MDPlus setup under the new email address in my original database, but I can't find any what to change the email that appears on the Setup page. If I click the Subscribe button it wants me to sign up again.
    I still have a NoName account listed and cannot get rid of it. Nothing works.
    WHERE IS SEAN and how can I get his attention to work with Plaid on this???

28. 58 Posted by bschottmi on 09 Aug, 2022 11:16 PM

Well, well!
    Now that I re-opened my blank test DB, under "noname" my schwab account are all listed! This is using the fresh MDPlus setup under a different email address.
    So I mapped one to an investment account and ended up getting the same Internal error when I tried to download.
    downloading from Test Schwab, with starting date Fri Apr 01 00:01:00 EDT 2022
    Ran 1 of 3 MDP tasks @ Tue Aug 09 19:11:24 EDT 2022) forcedRefresh=true
    Ran 1 of 3 MDP tasks @ Tue Aug 09 19:11:40 EDT 2022) forcedRefresh=true
    Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=500, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/investments/transactions/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR', errorMessage='an unexpected error occurred', errorType='API_ERROR', requestId='3albZVLLJEYzuAY'}
    it took 0.013 seconds to build a plaid client
    Got accounts for item YQ3mDmvEYLCzbZ3reabmsOaPaNRLKYSeDp9KV: Response{protocol=h2, code=200, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    Got accounts for item Njm4awVgYruMJ1rn98rXHNjBMx0QjyHY8rqeR: Response{protocol=h2, code=200, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    old and new account info is the same. count=26
    Ran 1 of 3 MDP tasks @ Tue Aug 09 19:11:46 EDT 2022) forcedRefresh=false
    Ran 1 of 3 MDP tasks @ Tue Aug 09 19:11:57 EDT 2022) forcedRefresh=true

Conclusion: THIS IS A PLAID ISSUE AND NOT DUE TO ANY CORRUPTION IN MY ORIGINAL MD+ EMAIL SETUP.
    So I am cancelling the subscription using the new email address.

Thanks dtd and Stuart for al your help!

29. 59 Posted by dtd on 10 Aug, 2022 01:48 AM

Sean lives in the UK and is probably in. Bed - you’ll probably hear from him in his morning.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Schwab_IRA_OFX_Data.rtf 1.78 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac