Not Getting New Schwab transactions via MD+

bschottmi

23 Mar, 2022 03:24 PM

I performed several transactions in my Schwab IRA account, but MD+ is not picking them up. I'm submitting this as one example.
The status at the bottom of the MD screen says "downloading Schwab xxx transactions" for each account, but nothing new. I have 5 new transactions this account.
I cleared the Console Log, then did a download Schwab IRA transactions and this is all that showed up:
calculated portfolio cost basis in 1.744 seconds
it took 0.015 seconds to build a plaid client
logging txn; file: tiksync/out/20220323152154_706.txn-tmp
account modified: Schwab IRA
it took 0.034 seconds to eliminate 1 duplicates from 1 downloaded transactions
calculated portfolio cost basis in 1.34 seconds
calculated portfolio cost basis in 1.569 seconds

I went into Toolbox to view OFX data and have attached that data.

Any ideas what to do?

1. 1 Posted by bschottmi on 23 Mar, 2022 07:57 PM

I checked the Console Log and found the attached Java errors in it. Does that help explain why I'm not getting new transactions?

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 23 Mar, 2022 08:29 PM

I suspect the Java exception was caused when waking your machine up from sleep?

Try keeping console open and downloading again, then what’s in console?

Have you tried resetting the sync date and downloading again?

3. 3 Posted by bschottmi on 23 Mar, 2022 11:55 PM

Yes. Computer was probably asleep at that time. That has not occurred
    since.
    I am not sure how to reset the Sync date, Do I need to use Toolbox
    Advanced Mode??
    I've tried to correlate the missing transaction to the Console Log, but no
    luck.
    The status line in MD reports "zero new transactions" for all 8 accounts.
    -5336 missing 0 transactions
    -0738 Missing 2 transactions
    -9616 Missing 0 transactions
    -4806 Missing 5 transactions
    -3861 Missing 6 transactions
    -4776 Missing 1 transactions
    -2023 Missing 1 transactions
    -4674 Missing 0 transactions

Ideas to reset the Sync Date?

4. 4 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 24 Mar, 2022 06:58 AM

Md+ setup
    Click to the far right on any account line (invisible button/pop up)
    Reset sync date

5. 5 Posted by bschottmi on 24 Mar, 2022 08:54 AM

Thanks - I did that for one account with 5 new transactions and chose March
    1,2022 when prompted.
    Said it downloaded 14 transactions but eliminated all as duplicates.
    Ran 1 of 3 MDP tasks @ Thu Mar 24 04:51:11 EDT 2022) forcedRefresh=true
    it took 0.009 seconds to build a plaid client
    logging txn; file: tiksync/out/20220324085126_866.txn-tmp
    it took 0.123 seconds to eliminate 14 duplicates from 14 downloaded
    transactions

6. 6 Posted by bschottmi on 24 Mar, 2022 09:16 AM

Any idea why I keep seeing this line when my current file is "Schott5", not
    Schott4?
    no valid wrapper/book found at
    /Users/billschott/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Documents/Schott4.moneydance

7. 7 Posted by bschottmi on 28 Mar, 2022 05:02 PM

Has anyone been able to get subsequent Schwab transactions? Please reply either way.
    Yesterday I disconnected Schwab and reconnected. That got me my new transactions, but also several duplicates. I guess I'll do that every weekend until this issue gets fixed. It's far easier for me to eliminate a few duplicates than enter everything by hand, then sort of through the Dups once this interface works.

8. 8 Posted by dtd on 28 Mar, 2022 09:14 PM

My Schwab accounts download fine, other than the delay in getting the new transactions is now longer; I did find and report two bugs having to do with the sync date, which Sean has acknowledged and says will be fixed in the next preview.

I don't know if either of those bugs affect you, but at least two sync date bugs should be fixed soon.

9. 9 Posted by ap on 03 Apr, 2022 02:17 AM

My Schwab transactions are not downloading. Just simply says Download's zero new transactions.

10. 10 Posted by bschottmi on 03 Apr, 2022 02:25 AM

Same as me! No need transactions after eliminating duplicates.

11. 11 Posted by dtd on 03 Apr, 2022 03:01 AM

To AP primarily, as I don't think bshottmi's issue is this:

Have you disabled OFX for each Schwab account?

12. 12 Posted by dtd on 03 Apr, 2022 03:05 AM

bschottmi - your issue may be about the sync date. I've worked with Sean on this and he has a fix, but it is due out with the next preview release.

You've mentioned that you disconnected/reconnected and gotten new transactions, but you just might need to reset sync date (for whatever reason) - and yes - there is a bug in that resetting date thing - which Sean had possibly fixed. Coming soon?

13. 13 Posted by bschottmi on 03 Apr, 2022 01:55 PM

I was examining dates, etc using the Toolbox and at the bottom I noticed the attached section with map.mp.plaid data. I see each of my Schwab accounts listed more than one. Could the orphaned entries have any bearing on why I'm having an issue?
    I'm about to remove and reconnect to Schwab so I can get all my March transactions and reconcile those statements. I'll check afterwards if I now have another set of Orphaned entries.
    Also in MD+ Setup when I click on an account and check the Sync date, it remains the last time that I did the full disconnect and reconnect. I just did a "Download transactions" for Schwab IRA and the sync date remains unchanged. It downloaded 5 transactions, then eliminated all as Duplicates. That seems to be a core issue with my troubles.
    Thoughts?

14. 14 Posted by bschottmi on 03 Apr, 2022 02:22 PM

So I disconnected Schwab in MD+ Setup and all those map.mp:plaid entries went to Orphan.
    But when I went to reconnect, I find an alert that Plaid is currently unable to connect to Schwab! What next? As much as I like Schwab, I think I need to start looking at other brokers if they continue to be this disruptive.

15. 15 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 03 Apr, 2022 03:27 PM

Run toolbox.. select the option to cleanup banking links
    ;->

16. 16 Posted by dtd on 04 Apr, 2022 12:01 AM

And I think you are running into the "Reset Sync Date" bug in that the sync date doesn't change if there are no transactions to download (even if there are, but they are eliminated.)

I'm waiting on the next preview to fix this and a couple of other download bugs that Sean is definitely aware of; Stuart's advice is good, and you should do it, but you may still run into problems as to the download time frame for now.

17. 17 Posted by bschottmi on 08 Apr, 2022 11:28 AM

I just downloaded and installed Build 4070 - no change. One account had 6 new transactions, another had 10, a thjrd had 6,a fourth 4, and another had 1. but nothing updated. It would be helpful to include some account reference ID in the console log.

Form the console log:
    it took 0.02 seconds to eliminate 0 duplicates from 1 downloaded transactions
    it took 0.039 seconds to categorise and possibly auto-merge 0 non-duplicate transactions
    it took 0.14 seconds to build a plaid client
    it took 0.009 seconds to eliminate 1 duplicates from 1 downloaded transactions
    it took 0.019 seconds to build a plaid client
    Update info received with successful signature verification
    Version info retrieved; we are up to date!
    it took 0.011 seconds to eliminate 1 duplicates from 1 downloaded transactions
    it took 0.019 seconds to build a plaid client
    it took 0.011 seconds to eliminate 1 duplicates from 1 downloaded transactions
    it took 0.014 seconds to eliminate 1 duplicates from 1 downloaded transactions
    it took 0.01 seconds to eliminate 1 duplicates from 1 downloaded transactions
    it took 0.017 seconds to build a plaid client
    it took 0.044 seconds to eliminate 3 duplicates from 3 downloaded transactions
    it took 0.012 seconds to build a plaid client
    it took 0.008 seconds to eliminate 1 duplicates from 1 downloaded transactions
    no valid wrapper/book found at /Users/billschott/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Documents/Schott4.moneydance

18. 18 Posted by bschottmi on 13 Apr, 2022 02:04 PM

I continue to check if this is working. Using one account as an example, it looks like it is trying (Timestamp is today) but last transactions remains 03/31/22 even tho I have 7 transactions since then.
    The Console log for this morning notes either 1 or 3 transactions found for 7 accounts (The number of accounts I have mapped), but all eliminated as Duplicates.
    => Is there any data I can submit to help this be diagnosed? I am running Build 4070 since the exchange rate fix in 4071 did not apply to me.
    The OFX data for this account is:
    Specific OFX Data:

Can Download Txns: True OFX Account Number: 79044776 Bank Service/Logon profile: Moneydance+ (Account Key): 153 OnlineTxnList data: Key:_txnfile Value: tiksync/trunk Key:id Value: 7f15bfbf-9d06-43fd-b6ed-b170416a1fb3.oltxns Key:obj_type Value: oltxns Key:ofx_last_txn_update Value: 1648699260000 Key:ol.ledgerbal Value: 285742 Key:ol.ledgerbalasof Value: 1648699260000 Key:ts Value: 1649844037048 TIMESTAMP('ts'): 2022/04/13 06:00:37(.048) -0400 EDT Eastern Daylight Time TIMESTAMP('ofx_last_txn_update'): 2022/03/31 00:01:00(.000) -0400 EDT Eastern Daylight Time TIMESTAMP('ol.ledgerbalasof'): 2022/03/31 00:01:00(.000) -0400 EDT Eastern Daylight Time Key:ofx_account_number Value: 79044776
    Key:ofx_acct_msg_type Value: 6
    Key:ofx_broker_id Value: SCHWAB.COM
    Key:ofx_last_txn_update Value: 1495900800000
    Key:ol.haspendingtxns Value: n
    Key:ol.new_txn_count Value: 0

19. 19 Posted by bschottmi on 01 May, 2022 10:48 PM

I upgraded to MD 2022.3 build 4076 last Saturday then did my usual remove of Schwab from MD+ and re-add. This worked at the end of March to get my March transactions. Saturday morning I got "No new transactions", but today (after a reboot)I get this:
    I'm sorry, an error occurred. The details of this error are below.
    Error Description: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MDPlusController.setItemLinkStatus(String, com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MDPlusController$ItemLinkStatus)" because the return value of "com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MoneydanceGUI.getPlusController()" is null

followed by this message for each of my Schwab account.
    Bank Name: Moneydance+
    Account: Fisher IRA
    Account Number: 37295336
    The error code reported by the server was: 0
    Error type: INSTITUTION_ERROR
    Error code: INSTITUTION_NOT_RESPONDING
    Request ID: wrVbXxWlJLunk8r
    Message: This financial institution is not currently responding to requests. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I can log into Schwab.com juts fine. I guess I'll try again in the morning...

20. Support Staff 20 Posted by Sean Reilly on 02 May, 2022 03:36 PM

Thank you for reporting this. At least one other person is seeing the same thing. I've submitted a support request to Plaid so that we can try and see what's going on and when it will be fixed.

Can you confirm if you have 2-factor authentication enabled on your Schwab account? Also, whether you have both bank and investment accounts at Schwab?

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

21. Support Staff 21 Posted by Sean Reilly on 02 May, 2022 03:38 PM

Oh, one more thing. One message in your log makes me think that the connection might need to be re-linked. If you select the Online->Setup Moneydance+ menu, can you click the "refresh" button, and then click the pill next to Schwab's entry (not an account, but Schwab header) and click "re-link" from the popup menu?

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

22. 22 Posted by bschottmi on 02 May, 2022 04:02 PM

I guess this means that "Schwab has done it again". 8-) Bummer.
    I did the refresh, but that had no impact.
    Yes, I have Two Factor authentication setup for untrusted devices. I'm be willing to turn it off temporarily and run a test of that would help.
    I've attached a screenshot of my MD account mapping screen. Yes I do have Schwab checking mapped. I tried unmapping Schwab checking then running 1 test, but same result.

I do NOT understand why the console log keeps referring to a wrapper/book at Schott4.moneydance when my current database is Schott5.moneydance
    Console Log from attempt to download one account:
    Got accounts for item yLVPVyAeqdCJ3aOK0JdbF5Or1mr6DwIXrVQge: Response{protocol=h2, code=200, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    old and new account info is the same. count=13
    successfully updated MD+ account lists
    Quote Load>INFO:11:40:57-AWT-EventQueue-0(Main,sendAuto) now 11:40:57.540591 next 2022-05-02T13:00
    no valid wrapper/book found at /Users/billschott/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Documents/Schott4.moneydance
    new MD+ state:ACTIVATED old:null
    new MD+ state:ACTIVATED old:null
    calculated portfolio cost basis in 2.621 seconds
    it took 0.012 seconds to build a plaid client
    downloading from Schwab IRA, with starting date Fri Apr 01 00:01:00 EDT 2022
    Ran 2 of 3 MDP tasks @ Mon May 02 11:55:59 EDT 2022) forcedRefresh=true
    Ran 1 of 3 MDP tasks @ Mon May 02 11:56:15 EDT 2022) forcedRefresh=true
    Ran 1 of 3 MDP tasks @ Mon May 02 11:56:31 EDT 2022) forcedRefresh=true
    Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=400, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/investments/transactions/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='This financial institution is not currently responding to requests. We apologize for the inconvenience.', errorCode='INSTITUTION_NOT_RESPONDING', errorMessage='this institution is not currently responding to this request. please try again soon', errorType='INSTITUTION_ERROR', requestId='0SXtdmJA7ivTZDL'}
    Ran 1 of 3 MDP tasks @ Mon May 02 11:56:47 EDT 2022) forcedRefresh=true
    logging txn; file: tiksync/out/20220502155647_887.txn-tmp

23. 23 Posted by bschottmi on 02 May, 2022 04:05 PM

Note: I do not see a refresh button on the MD+ Setup screen, only a Connect Account button with a Manage Account button at the bottom. The only Refresh button is on the Account screen.
    (I am still on build 4076)

24. 24 Posted by bschottmi on 03 May, 2022 01:29 PM

New error as of today:
    downloading from Schwab IRA, with starting date Fri Apr 01 00:01:00 EDT 2022
    Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=500, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/investments/transactions/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR', errorMessage='an unexpected error occurred', errorType='API_ERROR', requestId='A6wQLj13BnZOtt7'}
    it took 0.02 seconds to build a plaid client
    downloading from Schwab One, with starting date Thu Mar 31 00:01:00 EDT 2022
    Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=500, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/investments/transactions/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR', errorMessage='an unexpected error occurred', errorType='API_ERROR', requestId='xh1eVOpH6RJu1ke'}
    it took 0.018 seconds to build a plaid client
    downloading from Schwab Roth IRA, with starting date Fri Apr 01 00:01:00 EDT 2022
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR', errorMessage='an unexpected error occurred', errorType='API_ERROR', requestId='folXLtEMQqIwrqL'}

25. Support Staff 25 Posted by Sean Reilly on 03 May, 2022 01:47 PM

It looks like the Schwab connections were working there for a day or two but now I can see there's an error on Plaid's side now. I've followed up and sent them details of the failures and expect they're already looking into it.

I'll let you know when I hear something back.

Thanks,
    Sean

26. 26 Posted by bschottmi on 04 May, 2022 07:07 PM

Today I did a few tests:
    In MD+ setup I removed the mapping for all but 2 of my Schwab accounts.
    I clicked on the Schwab "Connected" button and selected "Re-link Connection"
    I the issued a "Download all Accounts" command from the MD Menu and got 'INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR' for both (as shown in the attached May 4th Console log extract
    I was then going to go to the Schwab Security Center and turn off Two Step authentication and try again, but apparently that is NOT an option; you can either do it for every login or for untrusted devices.
    My next test (in an attempt to get my April transactions) woudl be to remove the MD+ SCHWAB connection, restart MD and try again using Build 4078.

27. Support Staff 27 Posted by Sean Reilly on 04 May, 2022 08:40 PM

Hello,

I have gotten a response from Plaid support with the following:

> Thanks for following up - I took a look and this Item is running into another open issue with our Schwab integration. This issue is different than the one discussed below - this issue pertains to our integration not knowing how to deal with certain information returned to us from Schwab, thus throwing an error.
    >
    > I've linked that escalation here as well and will keep you updated as to any changes.
    >
    > Please feel free to let us know if you see additional issues with this Item!

So they are aware of the problem and working on a solution. I will let you know when I get any updates, but I don't think there's any point to re-linking your connections... it should just start working once they've resolved this issue.

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Director/Developer, The Infinite Kind
    infinitekind.com

28. 28 Posted by bschottmi on 09 May, 2022 11:48 PM

I'm still getting the internal server error on the Plaid interface and still cannot download my April transactions. I only have one account mapped to reduce the number of interface exceptions I have to acknowledge.
    Has Plaid given any timeframe for resolving the Schwab interface issue?

29. 29 Posted by bschottmi on 23 May, 2022 11:57 AM

It's been nearly 3 weeks since your posted that Plaid had identified an issue with the Schwab interface. I still get the Internal each time the one Schwab account I have mapped tries to get new transactions.
    1) I would have hoped that Plaid would have resolved this issue by now. Can you please get an estimated timeline from them?
    2) Can I be the only Schwab customer who is having issues? If so, can I upload something from the Toolbox to help diagnose what needs to be fixed in my account?
    3) Is there any benefit to removing MD+, cleaning out any issues using the toolbox (e.g orphaned connections), doing a full computer restart and then trying the setup once again?

Please advise.
    Bill Schott
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR', errorMessage='an unexpected error occurred', errorType='API_ERROR', requestId='sa6izvlvPOfdPmv'}

30. 30 Posted by bschottmi on 02 Jun, 2022 11:53 PM

Can you please obtain an estimate from PLAID when the Schwab interface will be fixed? I'm trying to be patient, but my frustration grows weekly. It's been 2 months since I've been able to download my transactions.
    An answer / response to my 3 questions above would be appreciated.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Schwab_IRA_OFX_Data.rtf 1.78 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac