Portfolio View showing random securities

Mark J

27 Jun, 2022 11:29 AM

As TonyT reported in: https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/6582-por..., when first opening the Portfolio View it is accurate, but after 15-20 sec it changes and then keeps cycling. Sometimes no securities are shown, sometimes a strange mix of them (not the current securities in the account). MD 2022.4 (4087). Stepping to another account and then back will "reset" the view, but it shortly starts cycling again.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 27 Jun, 2022 12:44 PM

Do you have MD+ set up to auto download investments by any chance?
    Can you open console and split your screen to view the portfolio and console at the same time? What's occurring in Console when this happens?

2. 2 Posted by Mark J on 21 Jul, 2022 11:03 AM

I'm not certain how to control the auto-download settings on MD+, but MD does auto download with the"Quotes and Exchange Rates" extension. That said, I see the console that "MDP tasks" has a setting "forcedRefresh=true".

The actions I see in the console when the display changes are "uploading buffer file to syncFolder", "updating security" (from alphavantage) and then a mobile sync (via Dropbox). All appeared to be successful.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Jul, 2022 03:42 PM

Preferences / network / autodownload is the setting.

Can you save help/console and post that here after you see the problem occur?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac