Changing security to another investment portfolio

Frank

22 Nov, 2022 10:55 AM

Hi,
I have several listings under "investments". Bills shares, Bobs shares, Janes shares etc. Under Bills shares I started with shares in "ABC" and was entering details since the beginning, but somewhere along the line (2012) I've hidden Bills shares from the sidebar. Since then I have been entering the transactions under Janes shares, twice a year, with the dividend going to the joint bank account. I've realised the error, but if I go and manually type in the details back into Bills shares, when I delete the corresponding shares from Janes, I get a warning about deleting a cleared transaction for the same account.
Do you think that it is possible to carry on, be very careful with checking, then manually clearing the transactions in the joint account once I have double checked the balances again?
I assume that there is no easy way just to highlight the relevant dividend transactions and do a bulk change?
Thanks,

Frank

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 22 Nov, 2022 11:06 AM

Hi Frank,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Using Moneydance 2022.5 (4091) (which you are entitled to for free), you can now navigate to Extensions->Manage Extensions (when the Toolbox is already installed) you will see the option Toolbox: Move investment transactions. You'll be asked to ensure that the Quote and Exchange Rates Updater or the Quote loader are not updating your security prices while you are moving investment accounts. In the resulting window you can choose HELP/GUIDE (bottom right) prior to proceed moving your investment transactions from an account to the other.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by FO on 22 Nov, 2022 11:13 AM

Hi Maddy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will try tomorrow when I am more awake. Will doing this interfere with my cleared transactions where the dividend payment was deposited?

Thanks,

Frank

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 22 Nov, 2022 03:35 PM

This tool allows you to move all txns, or select a security, and/or a date range. Backup first. Test it out on a test copy first.

4. Maddy closed this discussion on 24 Nov, 2022 12:12 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac