Moneydance

mervyn

01 Oct, 2010 12:56 PM

i have to say i have been very impressed with money dance for mac and have recommended it to others but i have bought ipod touch and now after one week with expert help fined big problems trying to connect ipod to money dance to the extent of looking at other money programs that will connect to ipod and computer sync i am very disappointed i thought i had the cream but now seems a little sour .
i felt impressed to fined money dance for my ipod but their is no real sync not to feel confidence in i have read all the details off how to sync had expert sit at my computer and leave scatting their heads so i would be interested in any body that has succeeded thanks

1. 1 Posted by Tom Freeman on 01 Oct, 2010 06:48 PM

Mervyn,

Can you please be more explicit with the problems you are having syncing your Ipod.
    Without specific issues we can't help you get your Ipod working with Moneydance.

Tom

2. 2 Posted by Mervyn on 03 Oct, 2010 08:18 AM

Hi
    i have been using money dance on my computer for nearly 12 months very impressed
    when i found you have money dance app i thought i am really impressed i have followed
    instructions to sync this with my imac it just dose not know it is their turn all fire walls off
    Down load sync in money dance on computer click on add . Add what will not detect any connection to ipod i have done this now over a dozen times i have tried this with another program instance connection instance sync but not with money dance thank you for your concern

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 03 Oct, 2010 02:09 PM

It is our understanding that there are quite a number of wifi routers on the market that do not correctly broadcast the bonjour network discovery message that the moneydance app uses to announce its presence and location on the network. If you have tried all the the points in the faq then I suspect that the problemis with your router. We are working hard on an alternative synchronization method that will not use the bonjour protocol.

I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by Kevin on 05 Oct, 2010 12:52 AM

I am like Mervyn. I have been using Money Dance for my Mac for 12 months and just started using the iPhone app.

I have been really frustrated because I haven't been able to complete a sync since Saturday.

I actually set up the app on Thursday and it synced once or twice. Got frustrated because it wasn't continuing to sync. I deleted the app from iPhone and reinstalled, also reinstalled Network Synchronizer and typed in the key. It synced once.

My MacBook's firewall will allow incoming connections. I have WiFi on my iPhone on when I am trying to sync. I believe bonjour works ok on my system because I print to my home printer via wireless. My router was made by 2Wire.

5. 5 Posted by Ben Spencer on 08 Oct, 2010 08:09 PM

Hi Kevin,

Can you please try the following:

Turn off the firewall on your desktop. (just to check and make sure this is not the issue.)

Open the desktop app first.

Then select Help->Console Window.

Wait for 30 seconds.

Then turn on the mobile device and let it join the wifi network. Make sure both your desktop/laptop are connected to the same local network as the iPhone.

Then start MD on the iPhone.

If that doesn't cause a sync to occur please paste the console window output to a forum discussion.

Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

6. 6 Posted by Kevin Boudreau on 12 Oct, 2010 12:56 PM

Ben -- I could post this in the forum if you'd like...... but I thank you for your advice and I am syncing every time now.

This is what works for me.

Moneydance app on iPhone must be open....

Open MD on Mac, open console window.

Sometimes, I have to restart the OSX app once but it will always work on the first or 2nd time.

Did you guys ever think of incorporating the sync into Mobile Me as a 2nd option?

7. 7 Posted by Ben Spencer on 12 Oct, 2010 07:06 PM

Since Mobile Me is not available for all the operating systems Moneydance supports we decided against using it, however we are working on an alternative sync system that uses a cloud based service that is available for Windows, Mac and LInux.

Ben Spencer

8. 8 Posted by william.morin on 14 Oct, 2010 06:04 AM

I would like to see the option of syncing an iPhone with Dropbox. iBank uses this service and syncs my laptop with my iphone, flawlessly. It's convenient because I can record a purchase on my iPhone while I'm out and my laptop will have the latest information when I get home and open iBank. I don't have to worry about syncing with my phone before I begin. And Dropbox is available for Windows, Mac, and Lynix. I believe they still offer 2Gb for free.

Moneydance has been my primary finance app since Moneydance 2007 (I like to check out the competition once and awhile). Keep up the good work.

9. 9 Posted by Ben Spencer on 14 Oct, 2010 01:56 PM

We are working on it.

Ben Spencer

10. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Jul, 2024 04:55 PM
19 Jul, 2024 04:00 PM
19 Jul, 2024 03:43 PM