How do I create an App on my I-Pad so that I can use my same Moneydance account on both my MacBook Air and I-Pad?

Judy

06 May, 2019 12:43 AM

How do I create an App on my I-Pad so that I can use my same Moneydance account on both my MacBook Air and I-Pad?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 06 May, 2019 06:44 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Take a look at these articles https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by Judy Harris on 06 May, 2019 10:56 PM

Thanks for your advice. Is there any way to do this without using Dropbox

Sent from my iPad

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 07 May, 2019 05:53 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Syncing requires a shared location that can be used by all systems participating in the process. The mobile app as it does not have access to shared directories makes use of the Dropbox API to pass data, thus making Dropbox a mandatory requirement at this time.

Historically Moneydance has always used Dropbox, it appears to be the most reliable service to use with the software, some other service have proven to be problematic, and it also supports all Operating Systems that Moneydance is supported on.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac