13 Jun, 2019 05:39 PM

Hi,
It might seem silly but I'm struggling changing my Dropbox sync account

Could somebody please give me some pointers

I'm using Moneydance 2019.1

Thanks in Advance

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 13 Jun, 2019 09:36 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Syncing setup cannot be changed on the fly. Changing anything about syncing usually requires changes be made to every machine that is participating.

The way to make any changes to a syncing configuration is on the primary machine you stop syncing - the primary machine is the only one that will give this option.

Delete any data from Dropbox and wait for it to sync. The primary machine at this stage should be in a state where it thinks it is a standalone system so you set up syncing on it from scratch.

The data that is on any secondary system cannot be linked back to the primary, it is effectively an orphan, but at this stage I tend to rename it and have it in a safe place just in case anything goes wrong, you then set up any secondary machine as you did when you initially set it up.

At some later stage yo can delete any old data files that are on the secondary machines.

So what you are really doing is stopping syncing and then setting it up from scratch again. That is the only way of changing any details that relate to it.

2. 2 Posted by Graeme on 14 Jun, 2019 07:31 AM

Thanks,

Will give it a try.

Sent from my iPad

Graeme Almond

Mob. 07768568116

3. System closed this discussion on 13 Sep, 2019 07:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac