Keeping it all in sync

Patrick Hunter

26 Jun, 2019 01:28 AM

Hi. I need help after moving my Moneydance desktop app to a new MacBook Air. I have finally got the desktop data file cleaned up and all is reconciled in 3 accounts (1 checking and 2 credit cards) that I use Moneydance for. Here is the issue as I see it. Please help me rectify the problem.

1) I have my Moneydance file stored on the hard drive of my MacBook Air. It is a .monedance nested deep inside my Library Folder.
2) I was syncing 3 other devices to my MacBook Air using DropBox but had to stop syncing as it was very erratic. They are two iPhone and my wife's MacBook Air. I now want to try to set this back up to sync via DropBox.
3) There is some out of sync data on both iPhones, but I am willing to lose that data as it is only a week or so of data and I can re-enter it if starting new will allow syncing to be set up cleaner.

I am using version 2017.10(1706) on both MacBook Airs.

Please advise on how to now get all back syncing again.

Thanks.

Patrick

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 26 Jun, 2019 10:37 AM

Hi Patrick,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Firstly, please make sure all the devices you wish to sync with, are running the same version of Moneydance.

Secondly, for detailed steps, please refer to these articles, in the Knowledge Base: Syncing with Other Computers ,Syncing with Mobile App and Using the Mobile App

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 25 Sep, 2019 10:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac