Moneydance Android beta bugs

jeffcarp

31 Jul, 2019 03:01 PM

Just starting a thread to list bugs encountered by Moneydance Android beta users.

v: July 25
All accounts have $0 balance in the account list despite all accounts having transactions and the correct running balance in the individual account registers.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 03 Aug, 2019 08:40 PM

I have two Android phones both running Moneydance Mobile app 2.0 beta 25 Jul 2019.

Android 6.0.1 phone.
    On clicking the MD icon I get the message “Unfortunately Moneydance has stopped”. Reported to Sean the software developer.

New Android 9 phone
    Initial sync time = 2 minutes 55 seconds, guess depends on internet speed.
    After initial sync all value on account list screen were £0.00. Account list filled the screen, not all my accounts were listed. No scrolling. Balances and transaction within listed accounts looked OK.
    Waited a further 10 minutes, no change.
    Completely close app and reopen. After 3 seconds loading time, all accounts were present, scrolling worked. Balances on account list screen were now correct. Transaction within all accounts looked OK. Reported to Sean the software developer with some other layout improvement suggestions,

His comment some of the listed issue are fixed in a about to be released new beta.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 04 Aug, 2019 08:40 AM

As suggested by above post Sean has updated
    Now 2.0 3 Aug 2019

Android 6.0.1 phone. No change.
    On clicking the MD icon I get the message “Unfortunately Moneydance has stopped”. Reported to Sean the software developer.

New Android 9 phone
    Initial sync time = 2 minutes 40 seconds, guess depends on internet speed and data set size, I don’t have any attachments.
    After initial sync all value on account list screen were £0.00 but now a new message appears indicating syncing is still in progress. Message lasted about 40 seconds. After the message closed there was no change. However, tests showed closing and opening the app at this point, including background instance fixed the issue, waiting (further 10 minutes) did not.
    My Layout improvement suggestions incorporated.

For me it seems to work now, syncing to and from.

3. 3 Posted by md on 11 Aug, 2019 12:18 PM

Does the month part of the date not display properly for dates in August and March for anyone else ?

3rd August Beta version on Android 9

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 Aug, 2019 12:45 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Also running 3rd August 2.0 beta on Android 9 phone Samsung Galaxy A40.
    August and March dates look OK on my phone, see screen shot of a section of my phone screen for March.

5. 5 Posted by md on 11 Aug, 2019 01:06 PM

Attached is what dates in August look like on my phone. The same problem happens for dates in March.

It's interesting that the dates on my phone display with a "." after the abbreviated month, and they don't in the screenshot you posted. That "." is causing the text to wrap and Aug.
    and Mar. to display strangely.

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 Aug, 2019 01:55 PM

Hi md

I have posted a link for this thread to Sean the software developer so he is aware of your issue.

Hope this helps.

7. 7 Posted by Art on 11 Aug, 2019 06:21 PM

One more data point -- the dates on my phone look fine. Android 9 (Android One) on Nokia 6.1. Latest MD beta.

8. 8 Posted by md on 11 Aug, 2019 08:10 PM

I worked out why there is a difference in the way the dates are displayed.

I'm in Australia, so I have English(Australia) selected. When I change this to English(United States), I see the same date format as you do, with just "Aug" displayed. When English(Australia) is selected, the format changes to "Aug." and there is a problem with the date being displayed in Moneydance.

9. 9 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 Aug, 2019 08:27 PM

Hi md

Good catch, for the record my phone is set to English (United Kingdom).

10. 10 Posted by richard on 20 Aug, 2019 05:36 PM

I attempted to try out the Android Beta on my Moto X (running Anroid 7.0) today.

The app wouldn't start -- no "not responding" or "this app has stopped" messages, just a momentary flash of the screen and then nothing.

I have reverted to the non-Beta version.

11. 11 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Aug, 2019 06:01 PM

Hi Richard.

Asked Sean the Moneydance software developer what is the earliest version of Android that Android mobile 2.0 beta will work on. This is his answer

“at the moment it will be 7.1.1 (Nougat), but that could change. I can't see it going down though”

Hope this helps.

12. 12 Posted by richard on 21 Aug, 2019 09:25 PM

Thanks for the info Derek.

Hopefully when the new version is released the old version will remain available for those of us with slightly older phones ...

Richard.

13. 13 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Aug, 2019 09:38 PM

Hi Richard.

I also asked Sean the Moneydance software developer if the existing Android mobile build would still be available. This is his answer

“I believe that 1.15 should be available for people with older devices after 2.0 is released.”

Hope this helps.

14. 14 Posted by derekkent23 on 25 Aug, 2019 06:45 PM

Hi md
    Did Android 2.0 24 Aug update fix your date issue?

15. 15 Posted by md on 27 Aug, 2019 08:25 AM

Hi Derek

Yes, the 24 Aug update has fixed my date display issue.

Thanks

16. 16 Posted by derekkent23 on 27 Aug, 2019 08:48 AM

Great!

Have Fun

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac