I would suggest a Sync resetting
1. On your iPad mobile device use the Moneydance setting menu to disconnect assuming it was trying to sync.
2. Set your computer “Sync Method” to “Don’t Sync” under FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – SYNCING, then click OK.
3. On your computer use FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – EXPORT BACKUP to save a backup in case something goes wrong.
4. Assuming you have Dropbox client installed using your computer in the Dropbox folder delete the folder “.moneydancesync”. Watch the Dropbox icon and wait till it states “Up to Date”. This can talk some time. Note on Mac “.moneydancesync” is hidden, try in your Finder window, typing CMD-Shift-G and then pasting ~/Dropbox/.moneydancesync/ into the box to unhide.
5. On your computer under FILE - SYNCING, set your “Encryption Passphrase”, set “Sync Method” to “Dropbox Folder”, click OK.
6. Wait for Dropbox folder “.moneydancesync” and its contents to be created. Check the Dropbox icon states “Up to Date”. This can take some time.
7. Then sync your iPad mobile devices.