Account

Patty

02 Nov, 2019 02:12 AM

I have been using Moneydance for years. Now suddenly the app on my Samsung Note 9 no longer works

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Nov, 2019 10:01 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Patty

For support or others to better help you can you provide further information.
    What devices are you syncing between, how many computers, what are there operating systems, what version and build are running on them, e.g. 2019.4(1892).
    Are you syncing to only one mobile device, your Samsung Note 9, what build of the Moneydance mobile app is it running, what Android version?
    What sync method have you set up on your computers, Dropbox Folder or Dropbox Connection.
    When you say “no longer works” can you give more detail.

2. 2 Posted by Patty Simpson on 02 Nov, 2019 12:49 PM

Dropbox is set up
    Samsung Bote 9
    Syncing between desktop and this 1 phone

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Nov, 2019 01:35 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

You have only answered one of my questions that is “Syncing between desktop and this 1 phone” so I will have to assume the rest.
    Your desktop is running Moneydance 2019. Your phone is running Moneydance mobile app build 1.15 for Android. You have set up the syncing method Dropbox Folder. Each of these assumptions affects the following.

I would suggest making a FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) - EXPORT BACKUP then proceed as follows.

1. On your phone under setting disconnect.
    2. Open Moneydance and ensure on your computer “Sync Method” is set to “Don’t Sync” under FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – SYNCING, then click OK.
    3. Assuming you have Dropbox client installed using your computer in the Dropbox folder delete the folder “.moneydancesync”. Watch the Dropbox icon and wait till it states “Up to Date”. This can talk some time. Note on Mac “.moneydancesync” is hidden, try in your Finder window, typing CMD-Shift-G and then pasting ~/Dropbox/.moneydancesync/ into the box to unhide. If you don’t have Dropbox client installed you will need to sign into you Dropbox account delete “.moneydancsync” from there.
    4. On your computer under FILE - SYNCING, set your “Encryption Passphrase”, set “Sync Method” to Dropbox Folder, click OK.
    5. Wait for Dropbox folder “.moneydancesync” and its contents to be created. Check the Dropbox icon states “Up to Date”. This can take some time.
    6. Then sync your Phone in the normal way.

Hope this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac