Sync buton

Jim

31 Dec, 2010 04:44 PM

Just starting to look into checkbook app for ipad. Have downloaded moneydance for the macbook and think that this is the way I will replace quicken using parallels. I would like to have a way to sync NOW, so I am sure of being current on both machines. Is there a way currently to sync now?
Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Brian on 31 Dec, 2010 05:29 PM

Jim...I second the motion....I want to connect the iPad and sync on demand. I've found now way to make it happen.

2. 2 Posted by Jessica Little on 12 Jan, 2011 10:10 PM

Thanks for your suggestion. I have created a ticket for this issue. The ticket is attached to this discussion. By posting in this discussion your interest in the ticket has been registered. This is equivalent to voting for it. We'll let you know once it's been implemented.

Thanks again for your suggestion, and thanks for your interest in Moneydance!

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

3. 3 Posted by angler on 13 Jan, 2011 01:30 PM

I would like to have a sync button to force immediate sync than re-opening the application.

4. 4 Posted by murkee on 21 Jan, 2011 05:34 PM

Yes, please. This is a biggy.

5. 5 Posted by ramv on 21 Sep, 2012 11:28 AM

Did anything happen with this ? It's really trial and error to get the phone synced and it's a terrific feature to have

6. 6 Posted by Ben Spencer on 21 Sep, 2012 10:45 PM

Hi ramv

There was a new release of the iOS app a few months back that supports a new syncing mechanism that uses dropbox. A sync will now occur for every transaction that is entered, modified or deleted. I encourage you to try out the new version and enable dropbox syncing.

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

7. 7 Posted by ramv on 28 Sep, 2012 09:32 AM

Ben - works perfectly so many thanks as always.

I read on some posts that if i open a second money dance file (for my business account) the iphone syncs could get complicated. Is that the case - dont want to risk my data by trying.

Thanks

8. 8 Posted by Scott Meehan on 28 Sep, 2012 04:21 PM

Hi ramv,

Yes, unfortunately syncing to Moneydance data files with an iOS device is not supported at this time.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Scott Meehan
    Moneydance Support

9. 9 Posted by rmerrin on 28 Dec, 2012 01:49 AM

A Sync button on the moneydance app would be nice. Would make syncing easier and convienient

10. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac