I have now upgraded Moneydance to the latest version and have got to the stage where Dropbox asks me to "allow" the sync and gives me a long code to copy to Moneydance. However the Moneydance program will not allow me to copy it into the input box provided so that I can proceed. Am I missing something?
Ethan on 29 Mar, 2020 10:50 PM
Can you clarify exactly where you are seeing this "long code?" Is it on the desktop of mobile version? In general, there shouldn't be any long codes, unless you've set a long password, or are trying to activate the older wifi version of syncing.
This is the process I use on my windows computer to setup syncing using the Dropbox Connection syncing method. Give it a go.
Moneydance - Syncing using the syncing method Dropbox Connection.
1. On your primary computer click FILE (MONEYDANCE on Mac) – SYNCING, enter a “Encryption Passphrase” and set Sync method to Dropbox Connection.
2. You should see dialog with “Authorise with Dropbox” button, click on this.
3. If you are not already logged into your online Dropbox account you will be taken to your login screen. Log in.
4. In you Dropbox account you will see “Moneydance would like access to the files and folders in your Dropbox” click ALLOW.
5. An alphanumeric code (long code) will appear. Highlight it and Ctrl C to copy it.
6. Go back to Moneydance and paste ( Ctrl V) the code into the Input Box and click OK and OK again.
You can now set up syncing on your iPad.
If you still have problem with the setup on your computer, use the Dropbox Folder syncing method, assuming you have Dropbox client installed, that is you can see the Dropbox folder in File Explorer. This method is simpler to set up, no long code, and has other advantages.
The reference to Network Synchronizer extension you see is only used if you are syncing to very old versions of Moneydance.
When you are syncing to a computer running 2019 hopefully you should also see a Dropbox symbol click on that.
Ethan on 31 Mar, 2020 07:17 PM
Just to clarify, in the initial screen on your iPad, don't click on the small wifi icon in the corner of the screen, as this activates the older and no longer supported version of syncing. Instead, tap the Dropbox icon on that screen, and continue with the rest of the setup instructions: https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/sync...