Next iPhone app? tags or auto-generated memos please

jwc

25 Apr, 2011 02:28 AM

Is there a version 2 of the iPhone app in the works?

If so, tags please!

Failing that, you could do what Pocket Quicken for Palm used to do. It had an option to automatically place "PQ:" in the memo field, so you'd know which transactions were imported from Pocket Quicken.

Right now I basically do this manually. If I enter a transaction that I know needs tags, I put "*tags needed" in the memo field. Then I search for the asterisks in MD and add tags as needed.

Obviously full implementation of tags would be awesome, but this would be a possibly very easy second place.

Or, if you haven't thought of this already, letting the iPhone version be able to use tags from the desktop version, but not able to generate new tags. You can only select tags from a list that is synced with the desktop.

Anyway, what are the chances?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 26 Apr, 2011 09:38 PM

There is an existing suggestion ticket proposing the addition of tag support for the iPhone app. I have linked the ticket you this discussion such that your post counts as a vote for the ticket. The request is fairly popular and so I think it has a good chance of being implemented.

The majority of our development resources are currently focused on getting MD2011 finished. As such I can't give a time line for when a new version of the iPhone may be released.

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by jwc on 29 Apr, 2011 05:49 PM

Ben, you rock.

3. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac