wifi not available to sync also will this app store in iCloud?

sachsdmsr

22 Feb, 2012 09:53 PM

Just getting used to Moneydance and loaded an app on my IPad, but we have broadband internet and cannot have both laptop and IPad on line together. How do i sync? The IPad is subscribed to AT&T. Also will be going to ICloud shortly and am wondering if this will backup all my data and sync or will that only work on Apple Applications?

Thanks for your help.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 22 Feb, 2012 10:10 PM

Currently, the app only loads over local wifi. We're currently hard at work (and internally testing) an update to the app, which will permit syncing via Dropbox and will not require a local wifi connection. For the moment, I'm wondering if you've tried creating a computer-to-computer network on your laptop- this may make it possible for you to sync with your iPad.

I'll also post on this thread when the update for the app is available for use, which will make the wifi syncing issue moot. Thanks for using Moneydance, and please let me know if I can be of further assistance,
    Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by sachsdmsr on 22 Feb, 2012 10:27 PM

Hi Angie,

My wifi provider is going to set me up with another address for my IPad and that should work so I can be signed on to both at the same time. If it doesn't, I'll be getting back to you. Thanks again.

I still want to find out about ICloud if they will eventually sync on that platform.

Sachsdmsr

3. 3 Posted by sachsdmsr on 22 Feb, 2012 10:31 PM

Hi Angie,

My wifi provider is going to set me up with another address for my IPad and that should work so I can be signed on to both at the same time. If it doesn't, I'll be getting back to you. Thanks again.

I still want to find out about ICloud if they will eventually sync on

Sachsdmsr

4. 4 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 22 Feb, 2012 10:54 PM

Sachsdmsr,

We're not currently working on iCloud integration with the app, this is an existing feature request, and ticket is attached to this discussion. By posting in this discussion your interest in the ticket has been registered. This is equivalent to voting for it, and you'll automatically be notified when we have updates.

Good luck with your wifi provider, and please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

5. 5 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 22 Feb, 2012 10:57 PM

Sachsdmsr,

I just wanted to be clear- are you asking if the iPad app will sync via iCloud, or if Moneydance data files can sync'd via iCloud?

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

6. 6 Posted by sachsdmsr on 22 Feb, 2012 11:48 PM

I was asking regarding Moneydance syncing with ICloud.

Sachsdmsr

7. 7 Posted by Roy on 23 Feb, 2012 01:55 PM

Good morning Angie,
    I'm hoping the New ver of the app will still support WiFi?
    Mine (iPhone) works now (after new router) and would hate to loose this ability.
    Thanks,

Roy

8. 8 Posted by sachsdmsr on 24 Feb, 2012 07:56 PM

Hi Angie,

Just got access to the same wifi with both laptop and iPad, but i evidently don't have the correct code to identify the iPad. Where do I find that? The codes that come up on Moneydance on the iPad are 4 lines long and can't be entered in that manner and even entering all of them they aren't accepted. This shouldn't be so difficult.

Thanks for your help again,

Sachsdmsr

9. 9 Posted by sachsdmsr on 26 Feb, 2012 05:25 PM

Hi Angie,

I hope you can help me as the above issue hasn't been resolved. I even reinstalled MD on my IPad. The access code (entered all 4 lines with no spaces) is not accepted by my laptop. I'm on the same wifi with both laptop and IPad. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I even went into ITunes and made sure my ID was the same as my laptop. I really would like to get this issue resolved so I can take my IPad wherever and update my transactions.

Thanks for your assistance.

Sachsdmsr

10. sachsdmsr closed this discussion on 28 Feb, 2012 04:09 PM.

11. Angie Rauscher re-opened this discussion on 27 Jun, 2012 07:38 PM

12. 10 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 27 Jun, 2012 07:38 PM

We're delighted to announce that version 1.5 of the Moneydance app, including Dropbox based syncing, is now available. You can find the full announcement on our blog, and Knowledge base articles, including a video tutorial here. You can get to the app directly here

If you have any questions, please post in our new category for questions about the app update. This will help us to more effectively address any questions related to the new version of the Moneydance iPhone app.

We hope you love this new app as much as we do, and thanks as always for using Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

13. 11 Posted by Mark Drescher on 09 Sep, 2012 06:31 PM

Unless I am missing something there is a subscription fee for Drop Box. Further up this thread I see talk of iCloud sync, but then nothing more about it. I would love for this app to sync using iCloud.

Thanks.

14. 12 Posted by sachsdmsr on 09 Sep, 2012 06:48 PM

I haven't paid any fee. Downloaded and it works seamlessly. Syncs automatically as I enter data on my iPad.

15. 13 Posted by Mark on 09 Sep, 2012 07:22 PM

OK, sorry had a little tunnel vision going there. When I went to Drop Box site the first thing I looked at was Pricing for teams and figured they were charging for everything.

So if I put Drop Box on 2 macs and 2 iPhones will I be able to keep one MD file synced between the 4 devices? So if my GF makes an entry on her phone in a matter of time it will appera on mine?

Thanks.

16. Support Staff 14 Posted by Ethan on 09 Sep, 2012 07:37 PM

If you are using the same data file between all devices and sharing through dropbox that should work. Just make sure that you don't have two desktop versions of Moneydance open at the same time using the same data file, as there's a risk that you could save one and overwrite the data being written on the other open desktop.

17. 15 Posted by Mark on 09 Sep, 2012 07:48 PM

Do you mean 2 desktop versions open on the same computer or on seperat computers? My goal is to only have one file for the household, with seperat accounts within the file. If I take $ out at the ATM or deposit or what ever it will show on all devices, her phone, her laptop, my phone and my laptop. And of course the same if she makes a transaction.

Thanks.

18. Support Staff 16 Posted by Ethan on 09 Sep, 2012 08:56 PM

In theory you shouldn't be able to open two instances of Moneydance on a single computer at the same time (there are ways to do it, but you'd have to go really out of your way to make that happen). I was referring to updating a single file from two different desktop computers via dropbox. Just make sure to not have two desktop versions open with the same file at the same time, and always save and close Moneydance when you are done with it.

Ethan Tupelo
    Moneydance Support

19. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac