Syncing

Ron

09 Mar, 2012 07:29 PM

I just installed this app to my iPad a couple of data ago. I did the setup as instructed, and the app immediately synced with my MacBook. I have made several entries on the MacBook since then, and none of them seem to have synced with the app on my iPad. How do you get the syncing to work. A manual sync button on the app should would help.

Could this have anything to do with the new iPad software that just came out?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 10 Mar, 2012 01:25 PM

Hello,

In general, syncing should start when either 1) the iPhone & iPad app comes online if the desktop app is running, or 2) the desktop app+extension comes online (or a file is opened) and the iPhone & iPad app is running. Syncing will not happen simply when transactions are entered.

We are currently in the process of beta testing a new version of the app which will have the ability to sync through Dropbox, which will likely provide more immediate syncing abilities.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan Tupelo
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by allanjudywiebe on 10 Mar, 2012 05:05 PM

Ethan,

Please let your whole Moneydance Team know that this is completely unacceptable. We have been living with this "on again, off again" issue of syncing for months (probably well over a year actually) and nothing has been done. The last promise I read was back in November when you said that it would be completely fixed in December! We're into March now. Have some respect for your users and don't make promises you can't keep. Take this app right off the App Store. It doesn't work!!!

Drop Box??? Was this your solution last November for the December promise?? Do you guys need extra money for developing? I'm in for $10, just fix this thing! Try getting everyone in on OT, evenings and weekends, focusing only on this until it's fixed! It's not that it can't be fixed, it's just currently an unwillingness to expend the resources to do so.

Thanks.

3. 3 Posted by PostPrime on 15 Mar, 2012 02:52 PM

I agree with allanjudywiebe. We keep getting promises, promises, but no solution. My iPad Moneydance synced once, but that's it. Desktop app doesn't even recognize iPad on my local network.

4. 4 Posted by angler on 16 Mar, 2012 02:10 PM

I also purchased HandyBank for Android and it also did not sync in local wifi network. This issue has been here for nearly a whole year.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 17 Mar, 2012 03:00 PM

I apologize that we have not been able to meet the targets we have set for ourselves for the release of an updated version of the mobile app. I am very understanding of your frustration, and we are aware of our customers' concerns. All I can say is that we currently have an active closed beta test of the next version of the app that includes Dropbox syncing as a feature, and that it is still under active development.

Ethan Tupelo
    Moneydance Support

6. Ethan closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2012 12:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac