Two Files

Bob G.

17 Jul, 2012 05:13 PM

I have two separate MoneyDance Files; one for my personal finances and another for an organization. I've been accessing my personal files (Dropbox sync) on my iPhone but can't figure out how to access my organization's file from the iphone. When I open Moneydance it goes right to my personal files as a default. Help please.

1. 1 Posted by Scott Meehan on 17 Jul, 2012 10:46 PM

Hi Bob,

To do this, you'll have to open your organizations .md file and enable Dropbox syncing on it as well. Then, due to current limitations, it's necessary to connect to the internet and sync the file you're using on your iPhone before making changes on the second file, or else your synchronizations to the first file will be lost.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Scott Meehan
    Moneydance Support

2. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2012 10:46 PM.

3. Globalrambler re-opened this discussion on 18 Jul, 2012 03:23 AM

4. 2 Posted by Globalrambler on 18 Jul, 2012 03:23 AM

Thanks Scott.

I've enabled Dropbox syncing, however, how do I open the 'organization' file when I open MD on the iPhone. Currently, my 'personal' file opens automatically and there is no option to choose an alternative.

Thanks,

Bob

5. 3 Posted by Jessica Little on 18 Jul, 2012 02:33 PM

Connecting one device to multiple files isn't currently supported, though it is possible. To switch files:

1) First, make sure that you are connected to the internet and have synced your current data.
    2) Tap the gear icon in the lower left corner of the app.
    3) Tap the Sync option, then tap Disconnect
    4) Re-connect using Dropbox again.
    5) When prompted, select your second file.

This will allow you to sync to the second file. You'll need to do this process each time you want to switch between files.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

6. 4 Posted by Globalrambler on 18 Jul, 2012 03:08 PM

Thank you for this Jessica. This will work for me for now, however, I'd like to suggest that you consider developing an option whereby the user can choose which file to use and to enable whatever file is opened to sync automatically upon opening.

Thanks again,

Bob Geddeis

7. 5 Posted by Scott Meehan on 18 Jul, 2012 03:15 PM

Hi Bob,

We do have a ticket in our ticketing system to implement this functionality and Jessica attached it to this discussion on the right side. Thanks for the suggestion!

Scott Meehan
    Moneydance Support

8. 6 Posted by suetrevor on 05 Nov, 2012 03:56 AM

I would also like to request this feature. Thank you.

9. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:49 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac