Moneydance 2012 OS X no longer syncing with dropbox

jfaris

14 Oct, 2012 07:46 PM

A week or so ago my Mac install of Moneydance quit syncing with my iPhone or iPad. The mobile devices still sync but the Mac install acts as if nothing is changing. I believe it somehow got out of whack as it created a new folder in ~/Dropbox/.moneydancesync.

Is there any way to force the Mac install to use the dropbox sync folder that already exists?

1. 1 Posted by Scott Meehan on 09 Nov, 2012 04:24 PM

Hi jfaris,

Sorry for our delayed response! Somehow your message slipped through the cracks.

Please try the following to reset syncing:

1. (If using Moneydance 2011 or below) uninstall the Network Sync extension by going to Extensions -> Manage extensions and clicking the "Remove" button for the Network Sync extension or, if using Moneydance 2012, disable Dropbox syncing by going to File -> Syncing.
    2. Uninstall the Moneydance iOS app on your iDevices
    3. Using the Dropbox iOS app or website interface, delete the .moneydancesync folder in your Dropbox folder (this folder is hidden on most operating systems, which is why using either of those Dropbox interfaces works best)
    4. Re-install the Network Sync extension and re-enable syncing (Moneydance 2011 and below)/re-enable Dropbox syncing (Moneydance 2012)
    5. Re-install the iOS apps and try syncing again

Scott Meehan
    Moneydance Support

2. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac