No Forecaster in 2015 - extremely disappointed and just paid for the licence!

's Avatar

jana.kunft

21 Apr, 2015 06:46 PM

Hello,

I have trialed Moneydance 2014 few months back. Previously I have used Microsoft Money for years and years. It was absolutely crucial for me that anything new I switched to has an equivalent of Money's Cash Flow Forecast. Moneydance version I have trialed those few months back had an extention called Forecaster, which was acceptable. Recently I have started to use Moneydance again, and downloaded the latest version. How big was my disappointment when after working on it for several days to set everything up AND paying for the licence, I have found out Forecaster is not supported anymore! That was the ONLY reason the software was acceptable to me - I only need to use this kind of software to predict my balance! What do I do now? I have wasted money and time on this. Balance Predictor makes no sense to me.

1. 1 Posted by Jana on 21 Apr, 2015 06:57 PM

Just to explain why Balance Forecaster makes no sense to me. I have careffully entered a whole bunch of Reminders in order to be able to predict my balance accurately.
    Look at the attached file - this is what I get as the prediction? The only reason I have bothered to enter everything? What does this even mean?? The line of prediction should go up and down during the month as various reminders should influence it.

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 21 Apr, 2015 07:02 PM

Hi Jana,

The Forecaster extension for MD 2015 was renamed Money Foresight.

It is available for download here:
    http://www.moneyforesight.com/

As you will notice, there is a free version that will forecast out to 1 month and a fully functional version for $10.00

HTH -Kevin N.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Sean Reilly on 21 Apr, 2015 10:42 PM

Hi Jana,

It looks like you're using the Balance Predictor extension... and I think the problem is that you've selected the option to use transactions to generate the prediction graph. Can you try selecting the reminders option and updating the graph?

The Forecaster extension is also very nice too :)

Thanks,

Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    http://infinitekind.com

4. 4 Posted by mossgiel4 on 16 May, 2015 06:44 AM

Hello guys,

The Balance Predictor extension (at least for me) works no better for reminders than it does for transactions. It is wildly inaccurate and not at all as good as its 2014 predecessor. For an experiment, I loaded all my data into Ace Money (which does have a balance predictor) to compare with MD 2015 and Balance Predictor. The results were astonishing, since both programs used identical data.

For the period 15 June - 15 December 2015, Ace Money showed a balance range from -$5,447 (June) to +$1,162 (December). I checked this with Excel and found it to be a reasonably accurate forecast.

Balance Predictor however, for the same period, started with a June balance of about -$5,150 (broadly accurate) and concluded with a December balance of about -$5,250! (wildly inaccurate) with a minimum balance for the period of about -$4,800.

MD 2015 is pleasant software to use. Sadly, its usefulness, for me, is severely reduced by the low level quality of the Balance Predictor extension.

In ending, I would add that the Moneyforesight website referred to earlier in this discussion is either broken or not available here in Australia.

Kind regards,
    Bevan

5. 5 Posted by Kevin Stembridg... on 16 May, 2015 08:42 AM

Hi Bevan,
    Thanks for pointing out that the website is broken. I've raised a support ticket with the hosting company. Hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Regards,

Kevin

6. 6 Posted by Kevin Stembridg... on 16 May, 2015 10:41 PM

Hi Bevan,

The website is up and running again.

http://www.moneyforesight.com

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you have any further trouble.

Regards,
    Kevin

7. 7 Posted by mossgiel4 on 17 May, 2015 01:35 AM

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your help.

The Moneyforesight website now works fine. I subscribed to the extension, which meets all my requirements.

Kind regards,
    Bevan

8. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 17 May, 2015 12:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 May, 2024 07:01 AM
29 May, 2024 06:26 AM
29 May, 2024 12:43 AM