2014 not saving data

Mike Bray (Quote Loader Author)'s Avatar

Mike Bray (Quote Loader Author)

23 Apr, 2015 07:52 AM

I have an extension that has been functioning correctly. However, now when I create BudgetItems they appear in the file until I close down MD. I have looked on the budget screen and the budget report, the data exists., but when I restart MD they have disappeared. Is there anything I need to do to finalize data once I have finished creating it?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Reilly on 23 Apr, 2015 09:47 AM

Hi Mike,

Do you mean 2015 or 2014 isn't saving the data? In 2014 it should be automatic. In 2015 if you are using a BudgetItemList you can call saveEdits() on it. Otherwise you can also call .syncItem() on any individual items that you change, but I'd recommend using a BudgetItemList.

Thanks,

Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    http://infinitekind.com

2. 2 Posted by Mike Bray (Quot... on 23 Apr, 2015 11:58 AM

Hi Sean, it is 2014. This has only started happening. 2014 is trying to open my production file which is in 2015 format. I don't have the production file in my list of files to open yet it tries to open it. I also have a null pointer exception in the errlog file (see attached)
    Regards
    Mike

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Sean Reilly on 23 Apr, 2015 12:44 PM

Hi Mike,

When starting, Moneydance 2014 (and 2015) will try to open whichever file you last had open in any version of Moneydance. Of course 2014 won't be able to open any files that have been opened by MD2015. If you've modified budgets programmatically in MD2014 and haven't made changes to other parts of the file (txns, accounts, reminders, etc) then Moneydance may think that there haven't been any changes since the file was opened. You can work around this by making some change in the root account or calling .setDirtyFlag() on it.

The NPE reported there isn't a problem... it's just an informational message saying that the sidebar was trying to set something up before a file was opened.

Thanks,
    Sean

4. 4 Posted by Mike Bray (Quot... on 23 Apr, 2015 02:05 PM

Thanks Sean, I will give it ago
    Mike

5. 5 Posted by Mike Bray (Quot... on 23 Apr, 2015 04:06 PM

Hi Sean
    Using setDirty worked. I must have done other work before which caused it to update.

I also took my production file name out of config.dict and it started much quicker.

Mike

6. 6 Posted by Scott Meehan on 24 Apr, 2015 04:26 PM

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear that it's working now! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

7. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 24 Apr, 2015 04:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 May, 2024 07:01 AM
29 May, 2024 06:26 AM
29 May, 2024 02:38 AM