Mac OSX Options

sbg

05 May, 2016 03:41 PM

Hi! I'm hoping to run a .py script on my Mac using one of these two approaches:

1) java -jar "C:\Program Files\Moneydance\moneydance.jar" -invoke_and_quit moneydance:fmodule:jpython:runfile?=C:\Users\Sharon\Documents\networth.py (but translated into Mac pathing)

or

2) open /Applications/Moneydance.app --args -invoke_and_quit moneydance:fmodule:jpython:runfile?=networth.py

Is this technically possible from the Mac command line?

Many thanks,
Sharon

1. 1 Posted by sbg on 09 May, 2016 02:08 PM

Does anybody do any development on the Mac?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Sean Reilly on 10 May, 2016 10:51 AM

Hi Sharon,

I'd go with the first one, although you may need to add to the classpath to include the other jar files. However, I haven't tried that in a while so I'm not sure that the -invoke_and_quit mechanism still works as it used to.

We do have much better python integration in Moneydance 2016 if you'd be interested in trying that out. I haven't changed the -invoke_and_quit but we do have a much better (and built-in) python script runner and I'd be happy to get the command-line stuff working again too.

Thanks!
    Sean

3. 3 Posted by sbg on 19 May, 2016 02:39 PM

Sean, hi!

I would be very interested in trying Moneydance2016 if that's still an option...

Thanks,
    Sharon

4. 4 Posted by sbg on 19 May, 2016 05:10 PM

Sean, hi! My apologies if this winds up being a duplicate post. But I would definitely be interested in trying out Moneydance 2016. Could you tell me how to download it?

Many thanks,
    Sharon

5. 5 Posted by martin on 30 Jul, 2016 06:59 PM

I'm also trying to get the "invoke and quit" command line option working on OS X 10.12 so I can Jython scripts outside of the application's script runner. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working.

The command I am using is

java -cp "/Applications/Moneydance.app/Contents/Java/*" Moneydance -invoke_and_quit moneydance:fmodule:jpython:runfile?=/Users/<username>/Documents/source/moneydance-category-mapper/main.py

The app starts up but the script does not seem to run. Also interesting is that when I start Moneydance via Java on the command line (without the -invoke_and_quit argument), the settings folder is reported as

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Moneydance

When I startup Moneydance.app, however, the settings folder is reported as

/Users/<username>/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance

Is there a way to get the "invoke_and_quit" command working against Moneydance 2016 running on OS X? That would greatly help me with some workflows I am creating.

Thanks,

Martin

6. System closed this discussion on 29 Oct, 2016 07:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac