Quotes and Exchange Rates with multiple currencies

Diogo Maciel

18 Aug, 2016 05:04 PM

So I reported this problem before but apparently no solution is being worked on.

I have securities in different currencies which I update manually, because apparently you guys hate bloomberg. I usually used the extension to update exchange rates.

The extension messes up my securities' prices. I don't know exactly what it does but apparently it converts the price for the day into my default currency then converts it back, which never reflects the actual price in that currency. Even if I change the default stock market for that currency it still messes it up, so I had to stop using the extension altogether.

Is there any chance f this being fixed?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Sean Reilly on 19 Aug, 2016 05:34 AM

Hi Diogo,

Thanks for your messages! Can you describe the securities (and related currencies) that are not being handled correctly by the quotes/rates extension? Can you also provide the ticker symbols that are being used for those securities as well as your base currencies and their currency IDs (if changed from the default)?

We're looking into support for getting quotes from Bloomberg now, but I also wonder if there is something strange about the ticker symbols that we can use to provide an immediate fix.

Thanks!

Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    http://infinitekind.com

2. 2 Posted by Diogo Maciel on 19 Aug, 2016 07:16 AM

Hi Sean! Thank you for your reply.

The currencies are PHP (default) and BRL. Since the two securities for which I have the symbol are in the default currency, I don't have problem with them when it comes to the extension, but I am still obliged to update them manually since Yahoo doesn't support them, while Bloomberg does. They are ABFPH and BPSTUIT from the Philippine Stock Market.

As for the ones not playing nice with the extension, they are funds from private banks in BRL currency. These I have to track manually as they are not publicly traded. But the thing is whenever I refresh the currency rates, it changes the value of the securities in BRL. I will try to make an example. For this let's assume that the BRL/PHP rate is 1/1

Today, security BRL is quoted at 1, and the exchange rate is 1/1

If tomorrow the security is still quoted at 1, but the exchange rate changes to 1.5/1, the application/extension changes the price of the security to 1.5, which obviously shouldn't happen.

I hope this was clear. I can update this with screenshots later when I have access to my moneydance file

Thanks a lot!

3. 3 Posted by Diogo Maciel on 26 Aug, 2016 06:15 PM

Bump

4. System closed this discussion on 25 Nov, 2016 06:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac