Is MoneyForesight still supported?

jeffcarp

29 Apr, 2021 05:47 PM

I went to renew MoneyForesight again this year but noticed that the latest version is still v53 from last year as far as I can tell. Is this still being supported?

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 29 Apr, 2021 07:01 PM

just a user,

I use Money Foresight and I've seen support conversations over the past few months

2. 2 Posted by mhoggie on 29 Apr, 2021 07:04 PM

just a user,

Kevin Stembridge is the creator and you'll find his post on this forum.

3. 3 Posted by Kevin Stembridg... on 29 Apr, 2021 08:43 PM

Hi Jeff,
    As you've noticed I haven't done any active development on it for a while. If you come across any problems let me know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

4. 4 Posted by jeffcarp on 29 Apr, 2021 09:01 PM

The main thing that I've noticed is with the home screen applet. I display a 1-year cash flow of my main checking account. Randomly, when I conduct register activity in that account such as an automatic transaction is recorded into the register upon startup of Moneydance, or I enter or edit a register transaction myself, the home screen cash flow projection will show widely inaccurate results until I go into the settings and hit APPLY and then it displays correctly. Other than that, I don't have any issues.

5. 5 Posted by Kevin Stembridg... on 29 Apr, 2021 09:17 PM

Ah, yes. That is one that other people have noticed as well.

It started happening with Moneydance 2019 without any changes to Money Foresight. So that version of MD is doing something different and the two of them are not playing well together.

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to reproduce it and track down the problem but haven't had any luck. I'm afraid that your workaround (forcing a refresh) is all I can suggest for now.

My apologies I can't do any better.

Regards,
    Kevin

6. 6 Posted by jeffcarp on 29 Apr, 2021 09:20 PM

Sounds good. If you ever find a fix let us know. I gladly throw a renewal fee your way if it's ever updated.

7. 7 Posted by ki_oi on 26 May, 2021 04:28 PM

UPDATED. Saw the solution in the other thread. Thanks

Hi, Kevin,
    I upgraded my moneydance yesterday and since then, I have been getting this error msg from money foresight.

Esther

8. Melissa closed this discussion on 31 May, 2021 11:52 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac