Quotes and Exchange Rate Updater

paulej

26 Jul, 2022 01:24 AM

I installed the "Quotes and Exchange Rate Updater" extension and noticed there was a TD Ameritrade option. I followed the instructions and to set that up. It appears the updater uses the value from the JSON results from TD Ameritrade with the name "closePrice". However, this appears to be the previous day's closing price. I pulled down the quotes about 8PM US ET today (Monday). I issued an API query myself for BP and got this result:

"closePrice": 27.55,

This is Friday's closing price. Arguably, TD Ameritrade is in error here since it's well after close and they should have updated prices. Regardless, it might be better to use the field "lastPrice". That would reflect the most current price available, in this case, it actually does reflect Monday's closing price. It is this:

"lastPrice": 28.12,

The API against which I issued my query was https://api.tdameritrade.com/v1/marketdata/quotes. I'm not sure what the extension is using and searched around for the source code, but I could not find it. I guess it isn't published.

In any case, it would be great if you could consider making this change or giving users the option as to which price to pull. I'd definitely prefer the "lastPrice" field since it is most current.

Thanks!
Paul

EDIT: Ah, I see the source is published here: https://github.com/TheInfiniteKind/moneydance_open/blob/main/src/co.... I can also see the URI used is different than the one I was using and, indeed, TD Ameritrade doesn't report the stock prices in the history URI until the next day. That's unfortunate, but I guess nothing one can do to change that since, I assume, the intent is to get the historical price data.

1. paulej closed this discussion on 28 Jul, 2022 09:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac