Quote Loader Extension and YahooHD not working

Rich W

23 Dec, 2022 08:36 AM

I have noticed that from the 9th December, all the quotes which are aligned to Yahoo HD have not been updating in my money dance (2022 latest version) - does anyone know if this is deliberate or accidental. I am on Quote Loader 3048?

1. 1 Posted by jontym on 23 Dec, 2022 10:44 AM

Same for me since 15 December

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 23 Dec, 2022 11:58 AM

There are many many posts on this issue in these forums so a little research would have yielded you a quicker answer.

As to the problem Yahoo has changed the format of its Web pages and hence the data feed that Quote Loader uses (and Q & ER uses for that matter).

This was first raised as an issue last weekend and the Quote Loader developer has been working on solving the issue since.

We have tested a number of betas for the fix and the current opinion is the latest beta is likely to become the release candidate, provided no major issues are raised.

As to went this could potentially be make available as a signed extension that is not within our control, the developer controls up to the submission point.

If you want something now, then you should look to using FT as the source, you may have to change the Exch Mod settings for the securities, especially if you have been using Yahoo with U.S. securities and in some cases it may be necessary to change the Ticker (we have found especially if you have EFTs).

3. 3 Posted by Rich W on 24 Dec, 2022 09:42 PM

Dwg- I apologise for not apparently researching well enough.. thank you for your advice anyway.

I don’t think I was asking for it to be a signed release as I am happy to try a beta release or whatever is available if that helps the developers.

Anyway I will wait and see what happens now I know the issue is not on my side.

Happy Christmas
    Rich

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 24 Dec, 2022 09:48 PM

Hello,

We just released an update to the Quotes and Exchange Rates extension yesterday that hopefully addresses these changes that Yahoo made. You should be able to update it from your Extensions menu. Let us know if you still have similar problems after updating.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

5. Ethan closed this discussion on 24 Dec, 2022 09:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Apr, 2024 03:24 PM
15 Apr, 2024 01:56 PM
15 Apr, 2024 12:32 PM