Bank disappeared from list

Mario Brunetti

23 Nov, 2018 08:21 PM

A few days ago, I started getting the below error when trying to download transactions. I thought perhaps my JVM needed to be updated, so I did that. No difference. I went to the Capital one website and got the Access Code thinking perhaps they changed it. I went into online banking and went through the set up, re-entered the access code, but no change. Same error. I'm using an iMac with High Sierra version 10.13.6 and Monedance 2017.10 (1706).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Capital One 360

There was an error communicating with the server. This could be the result of a network problem, or the server may be offline or not responding. Please try the operation again later.
Error Description: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out (Connection timed out)

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 23 Nov, 2018 09:03 PM

2. 2 Posted by Mario Brunetti on 23 Nov, 2018 09:59 PM

Thanks for the reference. Discouraging news. I’m usually not a fan of government regulation, but this seems like a good case for it. The things people are saying about more and more banks adopting a proprietary format that the developer will not share with competitors sounds like a form of collusion to me. Especially since they are dropping the open standard at the same time.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 24 Nov, 2018 01:46 AM

While I generally favour market approaches, markets are not perfect, people and by extension corporations can be are greedy and act totally to their advantage without any consideration for the customer, the community or the country, or at times even their shareholders so I favour things like regulatory frameworks that companies have to work in and comply with.

4. System closed this discussion on 23 Feb, 2019 01:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac