Checking Account with Support for OFX / Direct Connect?

chobe2

24 Nov, 2018 01:41 PM

I currently have a Capital One 360 checking account and apparently they have stopped supporting OFX / Direct Connect. So, I am looking for a new checking account - and hopefully a savings account that pays decent interest. Can anyone recommend a bank that you have had good luck with downloading transactions into MD? Appreciate any help...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tom Freeman on 02 Dec, 2018 04:09 AM

I use Ally. They do not support direct connect, but I get QFX downloads that I import into
    MD.

You can also peruse our list of supported financial institutions for direct connect:

https://infinitekind.com/fi

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Bill Waldron on 28 Dec, 2018 07:59 PM

I've been with Discover Bank for a few years. Supports Direct Connect, competitive interest rates.

3. 3 Posted by sth on 30 Dec, 2018 07:39 PM

Schwab Investor Checking has direct connect
    Savings with American Express has a good rate (and a qfx download that works fine)

@Tom, it would be great if the FI page would distinguish between those institutions with direct connect and those with OFX/QFX/QIF downloads. This may be important in choosing a financial institution and an incentive to those institutions to support different formats.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 30 Dec, 2018 08:08 PM

Scott

I believe the institutions posted on the FI page are those that support Direct Connect (and that list is pretty well only U.S. institutions). I don't know of anywhere that has those that provide OFX/QFX/QiF downloads, if they did all the major Australian Banks would be on the list and I believe most Banks around the world.

Des

5. 5 Posted by sth on 30 Dec, 2018 11:06 PM

I would have agreed with you but the description at the top makes it seem that it includes both types. For example, I have an account at American Express bank and that is a download and import only bank, even thought it is on the list. If you try to setup on line banking AMEX Bank is mission and only AMEX (credit card) and AMEX Brokerage are available.

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 31 Dec, 2018 02:50 AM

Sounds more like that he list is not granular, so a bank may offer DC on some products but not on others, but because of the partial offering is listed.

7. System closed this discussion on 01 Apr, 2019 03:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Jul, 2019 10:17 PM
15 Jul, 2019 07:21 PM
15 Jul, 2019 06:34 PM