Canadian Banks

John Mattatall

02 Dec, 2018 02:44 PM

Would like to purchase but didn't see my Canadian Bank in the list (CIBC, CA) or (Capital One Costco CA) any plans to include support?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 02 Dec, 2018 03:26 PM

Hi John,

Moneydance supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect. If any of your banks support Direct Connect, please let us know and we will attempt to connect to them.

Without Direct Connect, you are still able to import your data into the program. The best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by john.mattatall on 02 Dec, 2018 04:17 PM

Thanks for the quick response Henry, I don’t know if my bank supports Direct Connect, I am currently using Quicken and am able to connect to my Banking.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 02 Dec, 2018 08:14 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Quicken is more than likely using Web Connect, this is a Quicken only method.

4. 4 Posted by john.mattatall on 03 Dec, 2018 01:01 AM

Thanks dwg, I’m really want to get away from Quicken, and Moneydance seems like the best alternative. My bank does work with Buxfer (Yodlee) but I’m not comfortable at this point with 3rd party agregaters.

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 03 Dec, 2018 01:27 AM

I would never be comfortable giving my online banking username/password to any third party, I regard that as a security issue under any circumstances.

Most Institutions outside of the US do not support Direct connect so downloading and importing the transactions as Henry has stated is the way to go, it has the advantage of there being no security issues from giving you details to any other party.

It should be noted that Quicken's Express Web connect should also be considered a security risk given you are giving your username/password to Quicken.

6. 6 Posted by john.mattatall on 03 Dec, 2018 02:10 AM

I tend to agree with you, downloading transaction files manually is probably the safest way to go.

Thanks for the quick responses dwg, much appreciated.

John

7. 7 Posted by dwg on 03 Dec, 2018 02:17 AM

You are aware you can download Moneydance and try it out in trial mode?

The software is fully functional, it just limits you to 100 manually entered transactions which I found more than enough as data transferred from another product is not counted as manual entry.

8. 8 Posted by john.mattatall on 03 Dec, 2018 02:21 AM

Yes, so far so good. Looks promising.

9. System closed this discussion on 04 Mar, 2019 02:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac