How do I know that Bill Pay requests are received by Bank

Larry Mathews

10 Dec, 2018 05:16 PM

Do you know who Wells Fargo is using for bill pay from within MD? When I enter a future bill payment in MD and transmit it, the payment does not show up at Wells Fargo until the date it is made. I understand this is because the request to pay the bill in MD goes to a third party instead of to Wells Fargo. I do I know if the request was received by the third party?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 11 Dec, 2018 08:51 AM

Hi Larry,

Thank you for contacting us.
    Moneydance communicates directly with the bank server when it sends payments. Nothing is stored or backlogged in Moneydance. So, if you sent the payment request and see the payment in your outbox with a status of "Will Process," that means it was received and acknowledged by the bank server. All of the information about when it was received and the server response should be on their server, so they should be able to look at their logs and confirm. Payments stop showing up in the Moneydance outbox some number of days after they have been processed.

Sometimes, the bank won't process payments that fall on a weekend or bank holiday until the next business day.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Larry Mathews on 11 Dec, 2018 01:52 PM

Thanks

3. System closed this discussion on 12 Mar, 2019 02:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac