Not able to connect Bank

Jeremy C Crum

31 Dec, 2018 11:41 PM

Hello, I received the following message when trying to connect my bank. Is there something I need to do to fix?

-Jeremy

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: FirstBank of Colorado

The error code reported by the server was: 2005

User not Enrolled For OFX()

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 31 Dec, 2018 11:45 PM

I'm a fellow user.

It sounds like you do not have your accounts enabled for Direct connect - this is not the same as Internet Banking, completely different system.

The Direct connect systems that the banks have often require separate authorization to use.

See the knowledge base article:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/direct-connect

2. 2 Posted by rsmerrin on 01 Jan, 2019 09:26 PM

Hi Jimmy I am a fellow Canadian user of this program

I have been using this program for many years. Canadian banks use Web connect and web connect is not available on this program. Simply put you cannot download directly into Money dance from a Canadian Bank or Credit Card company.
    Here is what you can do create a bank folder on you desktop and you can download a quicken file financial institution into it. Them you can import the file into Money dance and just follow the prompts. The prompt will ask what account you want to download the file into. Pick your account you want the file downloaded into. Most of the time this works perfectly but once in a while a few transactions go missing and you have to input manually.

dwg means well but he is not from Canada and is not familiar with Web Connect and Canadian Banks and our financial institutions.

I do a lot of inputting from their android app. The App works well and is easy to use and it is free. I use Drop Box as a cloud server to sync the files, so my phone and computer are up to date at all times.The basic Drop Box account is free and with plenty of space for this.

I hope this was helpfull

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 01 Jan, 2019 09:30 PM

I would assume that First bank of Colorado is in the U.S.

4. System closed this discussion on 02 Apr, 2019 09:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

21 Jul, 2019 05:08 PM
21 Jul, 2019 01:55 PM
21 Jul, 2019 11:31 AM