Double downloads with 2 credit cards from same bank

psidell

09 Jan, 2019 01:37 AM

I have 2 credit cards with the same bank - different account numbers etc. When I try setting them up and selecting the 'bank' it ends up being the same bank and the log in credentials are the same. I try specifying a different account number for each credit card account in MoneyDance. Nonetheless when I do s download all the transactions for both cards are downloaded into both accounts. That is a non-starter for me.
Is there a way to have the transactions sorted by card number in MoneyDance so that I can get a clearer picture of each card's transactions?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 09 Jan, 2019 02:58 AM

Hi psidell,

I have 2 credit cards with Chase. What you are attempting to do is definitely doable.

Here is a list of several things to check out or keep in mind.

Here is a link to the general instructions for setting up online banking.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/direct-...

What you need to do is to make sure that when you perform the 'set up online banking' routine, that you choose the proper account number from the drop-down list offered as part of the routine.

Each of your account numbers should be offered in the drop-down list and you need to choose the proper one for the account that you are running the routine on. If you skip this step, the routine will default to the first account in the list.

Make sure that you move the focus from the first account to the next when you perform the routine for the second account.

Take your time. There is no room for error when running the routine.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by sth on 13 Jan, 2019 07:28 PM

This is not necessarily doable. This actually depends if the cards are different accounts according to the bank. For example, we have 4 different cards with different numbers in our family but they all are the same "account" according to the bank and there is only one bill. Thus all the card purchases are in the same account according to the bank. There is nothing MD can do if the bank lumps them under the same account.

Independently the bank keeps track of which card made a purchase but it is still the same "account". This sounds like what you are experiencing.

3. System closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2019 07:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac