Can't get bank connected

Paul

12 Jan, 2019 08:38 PM

Please advise. When attempting to set up online banking I get a -9050 error. My bank is listed on your list of participating banks so I am confused. Please advise.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 12 Jan, 2019 08:44 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I think you well need to provide more detail. I'm not finding that error in the OFX specs.

I think we will need to know the version and build of Moneydance you are using, the name of the bank and the full text of any error received to start with.

2. 2 Posted by Paul Bragenzer on 12 Jan, 2019 09:01 PM

I am a brand new user of MoneyDance with a long history of using Quicken. I believe my assumptions on how MoneyDance works may be the problem. With Quicken, there is the ability to automatically download account information with no additional service. Is that possible with Moneydance?

My Moneydance version is 2017.10

The error code reported by the server was:-9050

Not enrolled for PC Banking

Huntington National Bank

3. 3 Posted by Paul Bragenzer on 12 Jan, 2019 09:05 PM

I suppose the actual question is how do you download account transactions from the bank to Moneydance?

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 12 Jan, 2019 09:12 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Quicken has two methods for downloading data. The first is Direct Connect which is an open method available to all to freely use. The second is called Web Connect which is a Quicken proprietary method.

Web Connect as the name implies uses the Bank's Internet Banking site to get the data, hence requires no more from you than to be authorised to use Internet Banking, which pretty much happens in the normal course.

Direct Connect on the other hand normally has its own separate infrastructure, and many banks will require you to go through steps for you to be authorised to use this system.

See the Knowledge Base Article:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/direct-connect

5. 5 Posted by Paul Bragenzer on 12 Jan, 2019 09:14 PM

That is what I was suspicious of. What method(s) can Moneydance use?

6. 6 Posted by Paul Bragenzer on 12 Jan, 2019 09:15 PM

Please disregard. Sent reply before looking at article

7. 7 Posted by Paul Bragenzer on 13 Jan, 2019 12:20 AM

Can Moneydance utilize Web Connect protocols?

8. 8 Posted by dwg on 13 Jan, 2019 03:12 AM

Web Connect is proprietary to Quicken, for another vendor to make use of it they would have to license it from Quicken assuming they are willing. Licensing something from your opposition I do not think is a wise business move.

Moneydance has started work on an alternative solution that sees is basis in MD 2019 but it is not complete as yet.

You can always download and import transaction files from your Bank's Internet site. Moneydance supports the major financial formats that are used.

9. 9 Posted by Paul Bragenzer on 13 Jan, 2019 05:12 PM

Thank you. I finally figured out how to download and import files from my bank. Not having ever paid for the access service, I will look into this feature to see if it fits my preference. I will certainly keep updated on your progress with your project. Much appreciated.

10. System closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2019 05:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac