Paycheck splits

Mark M

14 Jan, 2019 05:43 PM

My paycheck includes employer-matched 401k as well as my own contributions, and I generally get salary adjustments mid-year. I like to put in each of the itemized values (base, 401k, match, fed-tax, state-tax, medicare, soc-sec, etc etc) in as splits so that I can track those accounts separately. However, as my paycheck splits change from time to time, I get more and more split combinations as "suggested" transactions when I confirm transactions during download (financial institution is Chase). None of them are right, and when I correct one of them, my corrections never save and I end up having to re-enter my splits every single time I download.

I would like to have a split-template that I could edit manually ahead of the download, similar to a reminder transaction, so that I could choose that each time and save myself a ton of manual entry during online banking downloads.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 14 Jan, 2019 06:20 PM

Hi Mark,

Back when I was still gainfully employed, I would receive my paystub prior to the actual direct-deposit.
    I would use the paystub to enter the values of the various splits into a paycheck Reminder, then commit the Reminder txn to the register.
    The download would then be merged with the existing Reminder entry in the register.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by sth on 14 Jan, 2019 11:09 PM

One way to make a template is to create a reminder that has the template you want for splits. Then use that to enter the transaction and adjust the splits correctly. Then when the transaction is downloaded from the bank, you can match it to the one you entered before the bank recorded it.

3. System closed this discussion on 15 Apr, 2019 11:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac