Transactions seem reversed (PNC Bank, HELOC)

Jeremy Black

18 Jan, 2019 03:05 AM

Hi,
I opened a HELOC account at PNC Bank last year and am having trouble downloading the transactions. Downloaded "Charges" are actually payments, and downloaded "Payments" are actually draws on the account. It is under "Credit Cards" where my other accounts all download correctly.

So when I transfer $200 from my checking to the HELOC, it shows up as a "Charge" and the balance decreases (ie, is more negative). Conversely, when I write a check out of the HELOC, it shows up as a "Payment" (and the balance in the account rises and is less negative). Thankfully there are only a few dozen transactions in the account so it's not too hard to sort out.

Any ideas? Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 18 Jan, 2019 09:25 AM

I'm a fellow user.

It makes sense that it would be classified like a Credit Card, they are both lines of credit.

I think the support people are going to need to see what the downloaded transaction actually look like i.e. the OFX data, it sounds like there might be an issue around the way transactions are defined in the download.

2. 2 Posted by flying.boy on 07 Mar, 2019 10:10 AM

I've just encountered the same issue with the MBNA credit card company. After they redesigned their website about 3 weeks ago, credits and debits are reversed compared with how they used to be.

I reported my problems but their Customer Services only said they'd pass my concerns to the development team. I'm raising this separately, but thought I'd add my support here.
    David

3. System closed this discussion on 06 Jun, 2019 10:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac