QFX Import Dates

Rama Ramachandran

19 Jan, 2019 12:18 AM

Previously, I could download files from Chase Credit in QFX and import them into Moneydance. Today, when I imports all the dates are set to 12/31/1969.

If I look at the XML File, the dates are in the format <DTPOSTED>01/17/2019

Should they be in 20190117120000.000

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 19 Jan, 2019 12:40 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The OFX specs can be found at:

http://www.ofx.net/downloads/OFX%202.2.pdf

Section 3.2.8 gives the valid date formats and a format of mm/dd/yyyy could not comply.

2. 2 Posted by David Hamermesh on 19 Jan, 2019 03:14 PM

I had the same problem today with my QFX export from a Chase credit card.
    I edited the XML file to the format 20190110120000[0:GMT] for each DTPOSTED, and the import to Moneydance worked as expected.

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 19 Jan, 2019 04:06 PM

Just as an FYI...

Direct-connect to Chase Visa imports into Moneydance as expected.

Also, using Pocketsense scripts to download an OFX file from Chase Visa's OFX server produces the expected Date format.
    DEBIT20190107120000[0:GMT]

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by LarryCL on 21 Jan, 2019 11:26 PM

I'm also having the same problems as the OP: dates are showing up as 12/31/1969 when I download and import an OFX file from Chase.
    Direct connect works fine tho

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 22 Jan, 2019 12:21 AM

This is extremely strange. I also have a Chase credit card account, but when I download from chase.com in the QFX format, all of the dates are in the correct format, and they import fine into Moneydance. I've also tried with different date range settings, and all files seem correct. There are also a few private threads about this, so you're all not the only ones.

While the problem is definitely on Chase's end if they're sending misformatted files, it's really strange that it's only happening for some people. Can those having this problem clarify the website you are using (if something other than the main chase.com site), the type of account you are having problems with (credit card, checking, etc), and the settings for the file download (like if you have a date range, or anything else relevant)? Maybe we can at least narrow down what's happening on their end, so we can tell them and hope they fix it.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by Pam on 22 Jan, 2019 01:38 AM

Is only happening for me on my business (INK) credit card. The personal cards are not having a problem. And I get the 12/31/1969 dates whether they are 2018 or 2019 transactions.

Hope you can solve this.

7. 7 Posted by LarryCL on 22 Jan, 2019 03:57 AM

@Ethan, it's happening on my business (INK) credit card when I download an OFX file. I only tried downloading a date range; I haven't tried yet to download a 'statement' set of transactions.

As you point out, I do understand that the problem is on Chase's end, and as @dwg noted, the problem is because Chase is providing the DTPOSTED date in a MM/DD/YYYY format, which is not to the OFX spec. But hopefully you might be able to influence Chase, and/or code an exception for this into Moneydance.

8. 8 Posted by Rebecca Malmber... on 22 Jan, 2019 06:26 AM

Google searching brought me to this discussion. This is not just happening with Moneydance. I am having the same problem when trying to import from Chase to my YNAB software. I opened a ticket with Chase today. Hopefully they are getting enough calls that they will issue a quick fix.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Ethan on 23 Jan, 2019 12:30 AM

Well, that would seem to confirm that the problem is on their end, and at least is for the business (INK) credit cards. I'd encourage everyone to open a support ticket on their site with these details if you have the time. While I certainly wish our company had enough influence to get an entity like Chase to do something, it's usually that case that a large quantity of actual customers complaining will get their attention much more effectively. You can feel free to direct them to our support site if they want to contact us, and we'd be happy to work with them, but as the previous comment pointed out this would be a problem with many programs.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

10. System closed this discussion on 24 Apr, 2019 12:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac