Institution Password Change

Jon Christensen

25 Jan, 2019 09:41 PM

I have a retirement account along with a brokerage account at one institution. My wife has an account at the same institution. I updated the password for my retirement account and that part works, however I cannot download to the brokerage side now. I disabled online access to the brokerage account. When I try to reconfigure the brokerage account, it thinks it is related to my wife's account (her account number shows up as the only available account number for that institution) and I continue to get the "ID or Password" error no matter what I do.

As I read comments from the trouble log, I can see that I do not want to use the "forget passwords" button. The only other option I see, at this point, is to delete the brokerage account and try to install it from scratch.

Can you remind me, again, why Infinite Kind thinks that it is so much more secure to have me sitting online with my Moneydance file and financial password unencrypted for half an hour, or more, fussing around with a process that could be easily accomplished in Moneydance while OFFLINE with a simple password change?

Thank you

1. System closed this discussion on 26 Apr, 2019 09:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

21 Jul, 2019 05:08 PM
21 Jul, 2019 01:55 PM
21 Jul, 2019 11:31 AM