Can't download transactions

Virginia Shames

27 Jan, 2019 06:32 PM

I had typed in the wrong password and MD kicked me off and I couldn't enter the correct password. I disabled the account and tried to enable it with a new connection, but I keep getting this message:
A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:403 Forbidden
I've not had problems downloading in the past and just one incorrect password has caused hours of trying to figure this out. There's got to be an easier way!

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 27 Jan, 2019 06:39 PM

Hi Virginia,

Try this...

Open Moneydance to the account in question.
    From the Moneydance menu bar, go to Online > Forget Online Passwords.
    Doing so should allow you to then enter the correct password.

It has been a long time since I've had to use Forget Online Passwords. I'm not 100% sure whether or not it will cause Moneydance to forget ALL of your online passwords but you should be prepared for that outcome.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Virginia Shames on 27 Jan, 2019 07:13 PM

I don’t want to forget all my passwords. I just need this one. Forgetting all p/w may be more of a headache. Is there something else that can be done?
    Virginia Shames
    [email blocked]

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 27 Jan, 2019 08:38 PM

Hi Virginia,

Perhaps someone who has recently used 'Forget Online Passwords' can clear up whether or not using 'forget' applies to ALL passwords.

The only other thing that I can think of is to try 'Forget Online Passwords' on a copy of your data file. Keeping your original data file in tact in case the results be less than desirable.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. System closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2019 08:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac