Built-in browser difficulties.

amrc0308

01 Feb, 2019 05:08 AM

trying to use the built-in browser but having some challenges. Love the concept, a little dodgy yet, but maybe relegate it to beta for the time being, and leave 2019 a clean product?
'My problems so far with the built-in:
1) some banks wont load
2) some banks wont respond after installing username & assword,and then clicking login.
3) No navigation buttons.
4) One bank site, every link I click after login results in a blank page with "Not Found" on it.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by -Kevin N. on 19 Feb, 2019 05:16 PM

Hi silvergreek,

I replied to you on another thread.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/12150-setup...

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 32 Posted by silvergreek on 20 Feb, 2019 04:20 PM

Kevin

I have been looking thru all pull down menus. And connect find the web connect button. I have deleted all accounts, I have tried again to set up bill pay. Entered the account and routing number web site. Etc. There is no link or option for web connect. I have tried to app search and nothing appears.

Is Web Connect an Easter egg?  Is there a web link to money dance?

Everything I have read shows it should be a simple automated process.

Thanks in advance with putting up with me and my frustrations

George

3. 33 Posted by -Kevin N. on 20 Feb, 2019 04:40 PM

Hi George,

To set up online banking to your Fidelity account...

Open Moneydance to your Fidelity account. (You MUST be opened to your Fidelity account and NOT the main Summary page.)

Then, from the Moneydance menu bar, go to Online > Set Up Online Banking.

Then, Follow the instructions listed here:
    http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/direct-...

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 34 Posted by TonyRI on 01 Mar, 2019 01:37 AM

Just a note to update my previous comment in this thread.

I have just discovered that the problem that I had was related to the address that I used in the Website Field for the Amazon Account with Synchrony Bank.

https://www.synchronycredit.com

When I actually visited the login page with edge and updated the website address on the account with:

https://www.synchronycredit.com/eSecurity/Login/login.action?client...

The built-in browser worked as expected.

The problem that I had reported earlier was actually user error and had nothing to do with the built-in browser. Sorry for any confusion. I hope that this could help others having difficulties connecting to their financial institutions

Regards,

Tony

EDIT UPDATE: NOW I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED. I JUST ENTERED THE FIRST ADDRESS AND IT WORKED FINE. IT COULD BE VERSION 1859 THAT FIXED IT. I WILL DOUBLE CHECK PRIOR TO FUTURE POSTS

5. 35 Posted by J.A. on 24 Mar, 2019 03:36 PM

The built in browser is not working with Bank of America Web connect. You get a warning message that the "browser is outdated". You can log in, but all the data is scrambled

6. 36 Posted by akmakian on 01 Apr, 2019 01:09 AM

I'm seeing a problem with the built-in browser on Moneydance 2019.1 (1855) running on OS X 10.14.3 (Mojave). It may be two separate problems. I'm not sure.

1. The browser string indicates a slightly older browser. This might be the cause of Chase Bank's web app warning:

"Please upgrade your browser. We’ll stop supporting this version of your browser soon. Upgrade now to protect your accounts and enjoy a better experience. See your choices." The User Agent string (seen in the console) indicates an April 2017 version of MS Edge browser:

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36 Edge/15.15063

2. An SSL/TLS error in Java. This looks like it might be the Possible race condition in TLS 1.3 session resumption bug present in OpenJDK 11 and 12. Unfortunately, the recommended workaround, disabling TLS 1.3 completely, seems to need a change to the Moneydance source code: Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2. Here is the error output from the Moneydance Console:

com.sun.webkit.network.URLLoader doRun
      WARNING: Unexpected error
      javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No PSK available. Unable to resume.
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.ServerHello$T13ServerHelloConsumer.consume(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.ServerHello$ServerHelloConsumer.onServerHello(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.ServerHello$ServerHelloConsumer.consume(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLHandshake.consume(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.dispatch(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.dispatch(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.dispatch(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLTransport.decode(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.decode(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.ensureNegotiated(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl$AppOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/java.io.OutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
      at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.MoneybotURLStreamHandlerFactory.writeRequest(MoneybotURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:557)
      at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.beginResponse(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:156)
      at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:223)
      at javafx.web/com.sun.webkit.network.URLLoader.receiveResponse(Unknown Source)
      at javafx.web/com.sun.webkit.network.URLLoader.doRun(Unknown Source)
      at javafx.web/com.sun.webkit.network.URLLoader.lambda$run$0(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at javafx.web/com.sun.webkit.network.URLLoader.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

7. 37 Posted by jameshfx on 22 Apr, 2019 10:09 PM

Not sure if this is the best thread to chime in on but here's my thoughts on this feature.

I am reluctant to provide my banking password to the application, or have it saved in the application. I find the current process I use of going to my bank website and downloading the transactions to be almost automatic enough.

I would use an internal browser if I could click a single update button and then be prompted for my password for each bank and then have it download for me, but I am not sure that's doable since many banks would have different flows or pages to get to this download.

For now the process of downloading the transactions works fine but I'd be willing to try an automated process that didn't require me to save my passwords inside moneydance.

Thanks for giving this a try, the addition of new features and great support is what helped me make the decision to switch from Quicken to MoneyDance this year.

8. 38 Posted by hleofxquotes on 22 Apr, 2019 10:34 PM

I find the current process I use of going to my bank website and downloading the transactions to be almost automatic enough

I also favor using my "external" browser. To help automate the last bit where I have to

• go find the download file(s)
    • select to import

I wrote a small extension to monitor a set of (download) directories. When new ofx/qfx files are created, the extension will automatically import those files.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/12298...

9. System closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2019 10:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac